JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A large metal footlocker-sized case under my reloading bench. Lots of volume, the top comes off completely for easy viewing. It was a case for some piece of military equipment (I forget what), but it's well-made and works well.

As DC points out, the same manufacturer that sells them to the military is also selling them on the retail market, prices for brand new cans (no military markings) are usually $15-20. So surplus stores selling ones with rust, and blown seals for $15 are a crap deal.

Grain wise, I don't separate FMJ pistol ammunition not enough room, I do it just by caliber or if its a JHP/Defense round Ill leave those in the box or in mags.

Usually in 50 cal cans a few 30 cals

Why would you take the 100 rounds you have and put it into a big ammo can?
I put all my ammo,in the boxes,into 1 ammo can
Why would I need more than 50 rounds of any one caliber,anyway?
:beer:

Shoot, why stop there:
Who needs more than 7 rounds at any given time?! ;)

I tote quite a bit with me in my pack. Not that Im expecting some hero shoot out, I often go out to practice on a whim if business is slow or Im in the area, so its nice to have a little "extra".

I use ammo cans for bulk. MTM dry boxes for defensive ammo as they are cheap on sale and good if not overloaded. I use over the shoulder, four mag pouches that I got on sale from Midway. One or two per weapon. It makes it quick to mate the firearm with its basic load. The pouches accept molle gear pouches on the back and I've got some fitted with an inexpensive folding knife, flashlight, etc. Son and I have chest rig or load bearing vest, the shoulder pouches are for arming friends or neighbors! We also recently bought a small safe for ammo so everything is under lock and key.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads