JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I feel rather fortunate the way ammo prices are today. I have always kept a good supply on hand. Back when ammo was cheap i would buy some whenever i was at bi mart. I also reload. I shoot all the time but haven't been a victim of the price increases. I have a lot of brass,lead,primers and powder. Didnt start reloading 9mm tilla couple years ago cause at $8 a box it wasn't worth reloading. Glad i kept all that 9mm brass lol. I was talking to a Rep from Sig who told me ammo will continue to go up and continue to be hard to find for the next 3-4 years. Crazy times! Shoot straight

I feel rather fortunate the way ammo prices are today. I have always kept a good supply on hand. Back when ammo was cheap i would buy some whenever i was at bi mart. I also reload. I shoot all the time but haven't been a victim of the price increases. I have a lot of brass,lead,primers and powder. Didnt start reloading 9mm tilla couple years ago cause at $8 a box it wasn't worth reloading. Glad i kept all that 9mm brass lol. I was talking to a Rep from Sig who told me ammo will continue to go up and continue to be hard to find for the next 3-4 years. Crazy times! Shoot straight
3-4 years?

The reality is that nobody know for sure. Anytime I hear someone say that the shortage will last x number of years, I have to shake my head. It's all just speculation, and depends on what happens in the coming years.

Having been through 8 years of Obama, we know that it could last for quite some time. The last few years were a reprieve. I do have to wonder exactly where all this ammo is going though. Yes, I know there are more gun owners, and shooting sports and guns that burn through huge quantities are more popular in recent years, but does that account for the sale of every last round that can be manufactured within the last 12 years, or are there huge hoards of ammo out there in the garages and basements of this country?

The reality is that nobody know for sure. Anytime I hear someone say that the shortage will last x number of years, I have to shake my head. It's all just speculation, and depends on what happens in the coming years.

Having been through 8 years of Obama, we know that it could last for quite some time. The last few years were a reprieve. I do have to wonder exactly where all this ammo is going though. Yes, I know there are more gun owners, and shooting sports and guns that burn through huge quantities are more popular in recent years, but does that account for the sale of every last round that can be manufactured within the last 12 years, or are there huge hoards of ammo out there in the garages and basements of this country?
I dont think its speculation. The problem has many leggs. Not only have we added millions of nebies to our sport brass lead and gun powder are in high demand in other countries as well. According to my my friend who works at sig "the market has grown at a pace that manufacturing cant keep up" it will take years to catch up.

I dont think its speculation.
The shortage itself is not speculation, or the fact that it's going to last a while, but the actual duration is pure speculation. Is it going to last a year, 8 years, or indefinite? 3-4 years is probably as good of a guess as any, but it's really just a guess. No offense intended, just my thoughts on the subject. :)

Or... forever.
If the Joe and Ho show bans bulk ammo purchases and online ordering, the worst is only yet to come.

Makes you wonder. I've been saying for a while, talk to tac about the cost of ammo (and regulations on the purchase and ownership) in the UK. It's just a fact of life what gun owners deal with over there; no speculation required. Depending of which way the winds blow, it could eventually become the facts of life here.

If I had to speculate though, I would think that even if "they" get their way, we would end up more like Canada. I think there's more of a historical "gun culture" in Canada than in the UK, and the restriction are less severe. What's the cost and availability of ammunition in Canada?

I started buying ammo after the last great ammo shortage, learned a lesson. Now I have plenty for all my guns.been shooting mostly 22 rifles, only shooting my bolt, lever and pump 22s, leaving the semi autos home.A box of 50 is all I need to get my fix for a day a week. So at that rate I should be good for another 7.69 years.since no One really knows when or if this crap is going to blow over, I am going to take it easy on my stock.

I have a few 9mm weapons, but I reload .45 Colt and ACP so I tend to use the .45's a lot now. I gave up trying to reload 9mm, too tedious. Besides, 9mm had been cheap, still is if you don't buy it here or on gun broker.com.
I just don't want to go back to shooting .22 LR.

I have a few 9mm weapons, but I reload .45 Colt and ACP so I tend to use the .45's a lot now. I gave up trying to reload 9mm, too tedious. Besides, 9mm had been cheap, still is if you don't buy it here or on gun broker.com.
I just don't want to go back to shooting .22 LR.
My two favorite rounds 45 colt and acp. You have fine taste sir

I guess I'm in good company then. Here's what I cast a few days ago. When I get time in the next few days I'll powder coat and size them:

IMG_0120[1].jpg

Some 454190 - 255gr for .45 Colt, and some 452-230-TC - 230gr for .45acp. I was just shooting some of each today. I picked up an old 1937 S&W .45acp revolver a couple months ago that has recently become my favorite gun to take to the range.

Makes you wonder. I've been saying for a while, talk to tac about the cost of ammo (and regulations on the purchase and ownership) in the UK. It's just a fact of life what gun owners deal with over there; no speculation required. Depending of which way the winds blow, it could eventually become the facts of life here.

If I had to speculate though, I would think that even if "they" get their way, we would end up more like Canada. I think there's more of a historical "gun culture" in Canada than in the UK, and the restriction are less severe. What's the cost and availability of ammunition in Canada?

LRPs are available in Canada. Doesn't seem to be a rush on them either! According to the site they haven't sold any since last night around 7:00pm. Just one problem.....:rolleyes:

I'm with you 21tango, so many levels of performance from those two calibers. I can load a sweet easy shooting load for the wife and first-timers, or load a balls-out, self-defense car stopping fun load!

Girlfriend texted me and said a coworker found ammo at the LGS this morning. Headed to town and it was all gone, of course. But they did have some Hornady XTP bullets in .401, which I need and haven't seen since March.

IMG_20201228_142634017.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads