JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How small was the sample pool, where (which cities or counties?) did they conduct the "survey"?

How were the questions worded?

Lies

Damned lies

Statistics.
If you scroll to the bottom of the article there is a link to the crosstabs. The survey questions are embedded in them. If you are not familiar, crosstabs are a standard form of delivery for this kind of research.

The sample population was a bit over 1000. Given the number of slices they made demographically, the sample size is about right to be representative.

I don't see any reason to doubt the results or method.

Sorry. But, I don't usually believe in the results of polls and studies.

Because.....no one asked me. And, even then......IF I participated......I might have lied. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES, I also post links and quotes to various studies/polls. It's funny that people may/might just BLINDLY go with that. Imagine, the CDC doing a study on Gun Violence?

Telling you NOW.
Save your money.

If you scroll to the bottom of the article there is a link to the crosstabs. The survey questions are embedded in them. If you are not familiar, crosstabs are a standard form of delivery for this kind of research.

The sample population was a bit over 1000. Given the number of slices they made demographically, the sample size is about right to be representative.

I don't see any reason to doubt the results or method.
Out of 150 million voting Americans? :rolleyes:

They tell us 1002 people were surveyed but don't tell us how many of those people were Democrats vs. Republicans. Wonder why?

And when they ask questions about background checks do they clearly explain that the only way to make background checks useful is to also require full gun registration?

And when they ask about Red Flag laws do they clearly explain how those laws work and that they clearly violate a person's right to due process...or how many times those laws are used maliciously...and/or that there is no punishment prescribed in the law if someone abuses the law...and even less punishment actually doled out when someone does abuse the laws?

Why didn't they ask people if they thought any of the laws being proposed would have stopped the Uvalde and Buffalo shootings?

Also...be very careful when debating anti-gunners who want to cite statistics, surveys, studies polls, etc. I'm all for having conversations to be socially polite. But the problem with entertaining these types of discussions is that it fosters the belief in the anti gunners that our rights are up for discussion and negotiable.

MY RIGHTS ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE!

And they damn sure aren't predicated on what some anti-gunner, politician, etc., says is the right or wrong data point on some study somewhere. Most of which are patently corrupt to begin with. The data could be a thousand times worse than whatever you say it is and that still is not justification to subjugate my rights.

WOLVERINES!

They tell us 1002 people were surveyed but don't tell us how many of those people were Democrats vs. Republicans. Wonder why?

And when they ask questions about background checks do they clearly explain that the only way to make background checks useful is to also require full gun registration?

And when they ask about Red Flag laws do they clearly explain how those laws work and that they clearly violate a person's right to due process...or how many times those laws are used maliciously...and/or that there is no punishment prescribed in the law if someone abuses the law...and even less punishment actually doled out when someone does abuse the laws?

Why didn't they ask people if they thought any of the laws being proposed would have stopped the Uvalde and Buffalo shootings?

Also...be very careful when debating anti-gunners who want to cite statistics, surveys, studies polls, etc. I'm all for having conversations to be socially polite. But the problem with entertaining these types of discussions is that it fosters the belief in the anti gunners that our rights are up for discussion and negotiable.

MY RIGHTS ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE!

And they damn sure aren't predicated on what some anti-gunner, politician, etc., says is the right or wrong data point on some study somewhere. Most of which are patently corrupt to begin with. The data could be a thousand times worse than whatever you say it is and that still is not justification to subjugate my rights.

WOLVERINES!
They sure did show the responses by party affiliation. Crosstabs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top