JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just checked out American Reloading new web site. Have a hard time understanding why they changed it. The new one is extremely wonky, no discount codes showing up (the only reason I have ordered from them in the past) and no customer history available, and you have to re-register before you can place an order. (Assuming you want to, without their prior deep discount codes their prices for their products are meh.) Maybe it will get better, but if their strategy was to chase customers away, the new website will definitely help them realize their goal. :(

I'm not sure I've ever used them? Their site seems hard to use. For instance, I just clicked "Projectiles" and there didn't seem to be a way to narrow it down? Like ".224", or ".308". And click on "Powder" and it says "No products found". o_O
I guess it's still "Under construction"..:s0112:

I'm not sure I've ever used them? Their site seems hard to use. For instance, I just clicked "Projectiles" and there didn't seem to be a way to narrow it down? Like ".224", or ".308". And click on "Powder" and it says "No products found". o_O
I guess it's still "Under construction"..:s0112:
IMO, the old website worked fine, and their discount codes (prominently placed on a banner on top of the opening page) were sufficient to entice me drop over 500 bucks there this year. I guess they subscribe to the theory: "if it's not broken, fix it until it is!" :rolleyes:

They must have just switched over, I purchased 4k 9mm 115's from them a couple days ago from their old site I guess. Couldn't pass up bullets at a nickel each shipped.

They switched over last night. I bought some 9mm projectiles yesterday before the swtich.
I've probably spent a grand with American Reloading over the past year. I really like what they offer.
I tried out the new website - it's a fu*kin' disaster.
Gonna be a while before I decide to create a new user account and purchase from them. Need to wait until they get the site working correctly.
Too bad!!!!! I really like their selection and prices. But having to walk through a clunky and SLLLLOOOOOWWWW website to buy some projectiles for $50 is just a PIA.
First world problems, I guess.

They switched over last night. I bought some 9mm projectiles yesterday before the swtich.
I've probably spent a grand with American Reloading over the past year. I really like what they offer.
I tried out the new website - it's a fu*kin' disaster.
Gonna be a while before I decide to create a new user account and purchase from them. Need to wait until they get the site working correctly.
Too bad!!!!! I really like their selection and prices. But having to walk through a clunky and SLLLLOOOOOWWWW website to buy some projectiles for $50 is just a PIA.
First world problems, I guess.
I sent them a note asking them to bring back the old website. The new site is a disaster.

Too bad their new site sucks.

Their pulled bullets are a great deal at 40% off.

20230830_220103.jpg 20230830_220218.jpg

Hard to tell why they changed, but a WAG is that the site security needed to be updated. Could also be that the web ordering system didn't work well with other systems in the company. Software simply cannot stay stagnant in todays world.

In any case, seems to be much better this morning.

Too bad their new site sucks.

Their pulled bullets are a great deal at 40% off.

View attachment 1479214View attachment 1479215
Their new site isn't great, but it looks like they're trying to step up their game with their products and packaging. Been ordering from them for a few years and their products used to arrive in old, taped up boxes. The pulled brass and bullets were dirty and occasionally falling out of the package. The last 2 orders I received were professionally packaged and much cleaner.

I've only has 2 issues out of 12+ orders:

1. About 10% of the primed 40sw brass I received earlier this year were contaminated and won't fire. Great for failure drills, but not always convenient.
2. Always sort through any pulled bullets for weight at least (I get pickier about rifle bullets). The last box of pulled 115gr 9mm bullets had about a dozen 124gr bullets mixed in. Not a huge deal if you sort them out, but could be a problem if you miss one.

UPDATE:

I've been checking out their new site daily. They are fixing problems regarding the inventory and display of products. I'm guessing that the problem is on the "back-end" regarding their efforts to input data on product inventory into the website's inventory and product database so it will display correct products and quantity and prices on the product display webpages.

They replied very quickly to a message I sent regarding my order that was made the day BEFORE they switched to the new website. They emailed me a PDF of the order and updated me on the shipping status. Because of the switch, customers could NOT log in and check their order status. (You have to create a NEW profile on their website and start from scratch again.)

Despite a rocky start, looks like they are getting things fixed. I bet they lost a lot of money for a week or so over lost sales because you couldn't find inventory, nor purchase it. Hope they got the technology company that managed their switch to the new system to give them some money back for f**ing-up the transition.

Cheers.

UPDATE:

I've been checking out their new site daily. They are fixing problems regarding the inventory and display of products. I'm guessing that the problem is on the "back-end" regarding their efforts to input data on product inventory into the website's inventory and product database so it will display correct products and quantity and prices on the product display webpages.

They replied very quickly to a message I sent regarding my order that was made the day BEFORE they switched to the new website. They emailed me a PDF of the order and updated me on the shipping status. Because of the switch, customers could NOT log in and check their order status. (You have to create a NEW profile on their website and start from scratch again.)

Despite a rocky start, looks like they are getting things fixed. I bet they lost a lot of money for a week or so over lost sales because you couldn't find inventory, nor purchase it. Hope they got the technology company that managed their switch to the new system to give them some money back for f**ing-up the transition.

Cheers.
If I hit the in stock filter button for any category it shows all categories?

If I hit the in stock filter button for any category it shows all categories?
Yeah! 🤣 I noticed that too.

Having messed around with the backend of these types of websites focused on retail sales, I can see how they could easily mess-up their settings. But with the progress they've made over the past week, I'm going to setup a new profile and give them a chance. I think they'll figure it out eventually.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews