JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The A.E.F also had a force in north Russia.
They were sent in to observe and advise during the Revolution.
The force did not rotate home until 1919.
The force was issued Mosin Nagant rifles...
Andy

Last Edited:
I'm not too surprised, really. NATO has been helping out the Russians for about a hundred years now. Ever wonder where they suddenly got tanks, PPKs, and the factory capabilities to make that stuff? America

I'll bet the ones made by Remington shoot better too.

Here's a photo from an article in a gun rag I read a while ago talking about American mosins being issued to us troops when the Russians didn't take all of the order or something of the like. Weird to see a WWI era soldier with a moist nugget. Made me do a double take...

View attachment 378295

Wow! No matter how nicely turned out, the troops must have said, "John M didn't design this pigs azz wart of a rifle!" :(

When I get a chance I'll dig it out and post a photo. I bought it some time around '90 as I recall, for $65 at a gun show in Reedsport.

I wish I had known to take better care of it. At one point I sanded the stock, and a couple times I forgot to clean the bore after corrosive ammo. It's still in good shape and looks fine, but it's not terribly "collectible" any more.