JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There was a ton of these at the last gun show I attended here. My first exposure was in the parking lot. Walking in I started walking in with a guy that parked a few cars down. Long story short, it never made it to the door. Got the Mosin with kit and 4 boxes of ammo for 3 bills.

There was a ton of these at the last gun show I attended here. My first exposure was in the parking lot. Walking in I started walking in with a guy that parked a few cars down. Long story short, it never made it to the door. Got the Mosin with kit and 4 boxes of ammo for 3 bills.
Nice. I wil now be on the hunt for one of these once gun show season begins again!

Saw one a month ago in the used rack at Northwest Armory... Price tag was around $550 if I remember correctly, I thought that was way too much for a Mosin--apparently others don't think so.

Not my favorite rifle by any stretch, but a cool piece of history none the less!

Exactly. I bought mine totally on a whim and because I had recently installed a archangel stock and a scope mount on one for a guy. Gotta say the old Rooskie is kinda impressive. In the right hands it has the distance and at a fraction of the cost of a lot of current offerings.
I just like guns Man:D

My Cousin has a sporterised one with an awesome hand carved wood stock and more modern sights, it is a sweet shooter, and accurate! Reliable as death and taxes, and cheep to shoot. About the same power as good .308 and that's how it gets used. I will likely add one to the collection some day, There is a Finnish one at the shop hidden away in the back, might have to dig it up:)

I wish all people were like that. I have a buddy who would take any Mosin Nagant and modify it, even if it was an original sniper! :mad:

Course I told him that he'll meet the business end of my "sniper", but I'm only joking. Least I hope I am. Okay I am.

The Remington Mosins have a history of being more accurate than the Russian rifles of the same era as I am told. I have had both a Remington and a Westinghouse rifle but havent had a chance to shoot them as I am just afraid of having an issue and not finding parts to fix it from the same era as replacement parts would have to be NOS and those I dont think exist anymore for them and I dont want anything not original in my historic arms collection for parts, just seems to less the history to me. I know maybe that strange but the way I am.

I know the feeling... I like old rifles to be the way they were meant to be. Easier for the bolt actions if you can actually find the parts.

Unfortunately, for folks like me that like the semiauto clones of Cold War designs, 922r is a PITA (THANKS BUSH SR! :mad:).

Here's a photo from an article in a gun rag I read a while ago talking about American mosins being issued to us troops when the Russians didn't take all of the order or something of the like. Weird to see a WWI era soldier with a moist nugget. Made me do a double take...

IMG_2159.jpg

it is crazy to thing of all the different rifles and weapons that the US carried during the first world war that now we know of from other nations more specifically and dont associate with our own troops. But given how unprepared we were it was lucky that we had the production to catch up as quickly as we did and band together to fight the war as we did.

it is crazy to thing of all the different rifles and weapons that the US carried during the first world war that now we know of from other nations more specifically and dont associate with our own troops. But given how unprepared we were it was lucky that we had the production to catch up as quickly as we did and band together to fight the war as we did.

Our national armory was not geared up. The private sector was geared up nicely. Our private companies (Remington, Etc.) were making guns for other countries. We were lucky that the pattern 14 Enfield was easily adapted to a .30-06.

We will never suffer for lack of a war machine in this country. Sad that the world works that way. A necessary evil...