JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*Consumers beware*

I bought a brick of this ammo at the aloha bimart location on saturday(12/8) and was experiencing squib loads. I fired 200rds of this crap and I would say about a 3rd(maybe even more) of them were squibs.

3DEA7A55-E200-40F8-9CF5-C6CE3DE162A7.jpeg 98F6E9DC-2C18-4035-9F55-82949C146351.jpeg

That sucks big time.

Thankfully I believe Federal will be more than happy to make it right.

Reach out to them with the lot number and pictures.

Where's the lot# located?

Yeah it was frustrating, most of the rounds went through. After 4 boxes I said screw it im done.

Sorry you had trouble with the ammo. It ruins a range trip, but glad you weren't injured.

I would check the flaps of the boxes for the lot number. While I'm not familiar with that particular ammo variety, I usually see rimfire lot info printed on the flaps.

I had a bad brick of Winchester .22lr ammo a few years ago, really bad with misfires and jams in a couple different guns. I called Winchester and they sent a call tag to send it back. All I had to do was put it in a box, put the label on, and give it to the UPS driver that showed up at the door. They eventually sent me a full replacement brick that shot fine.

I agree with @Reno911 Federal should make it right. Now I'm a little nervous with these black pack boxes I purchased over the last couple weeks :eek:

My son and I have shot several hundred rounds from two different boxes of the "Black Pack" ammo. So far it has been excellent, no misfires or jams, and very good accuracy. Just yesterday I shot a 10 round group through the 10/22 at 100 yards. Most were inside a 1.5" group, with a couple fliers taking it to just under 2". I figure that's not bad at all for cheap ammo. We were shooting some Thunderbolt ammo too. It was also surefire but accuracy was nowhere near as good.

651570B7-B4C3-4BD4-8DE7-00B1345A1784.jpeg Just got off the phone with federal and all they said is to write Ormd on the box and fedex will pick it up and they'll cut me a check for the brick.

Btw this is the lot #

Wholy CRAP! I finally broke down and gave into the urge to buy some of the good priced .22 at Bimart. Wouldn't you know it. It was a 400 box of the american Eagle.:( I wasn't going to do the Thunder Bolt because of what I've heard about that. And there were several other good priced .22. Hell, I don't even shoot .22. I only bought it because I DO have .22s, I just don't shoot them....hardly at all.

Did you get the 400/jacketed HPs or the 500 lead RN?

So since the OP has been taken care of via Federal.

I'll gladly take anyone's ammo they are too worried to fire!

:p

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads