JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, NWFC. So I just might have my mitts on an AMD-65, and I know that some mods are necessary for normal AK handguards to fit, but what about buttstocks? Can I take the muzzle Brake off? Do they normally have optics mounts like a WASR-10/63? If I bought a new front sight with the lug, could I mount a Bayonet to it?

Also, I know I could answer my questions with a google Search, but I figured I`d ask the guys I`ve had more experience with.

I don't know too much about the AMD, but I know they have a shorter barrel and that is why they have that giant brake on them to make the barrel legal length here in the USA (and possibly other countries). I do believe the brake is spot welded on. So if you take it off and you don't have your SBR paper...... that is a no no. Now if you put on another brake or flash hider that is the same length or longer....... you would be fine. I would take it to a gunsmith if I were you, so you are not in position of a SBR if you take the brake off.

I don't know how easy it is to put a regular stock in an AMD but I am sure it's possible...... anything is possible lol. I personally didn't care for the AMD look, but now I dig them. If it's the traditional look you are going for..... just get a traditional looking AK. Get what you want because if you don't, every time you look at the gun, you gonna wish you had what you really wanted.

You can always add a cheek rest onto the stock to make it function a little better. I have a Romanian side folding wire stock with an aftermarket bolt on metal bar cheek rest and it helps a lot.

I don't know too much about the AMD, but I know they have a shorter barrel and that is why they have that giant brake on them to make the barrel legal length here in the USA (and possibly other countries). I do believe the brake is spot welded on. So if you take it off and you don't have your SBR paper...... that is a no no. Now if you put on another brake or flash hider that is the same length or longer....... you would be fine. I would take it to a gunsmith if I were you, so you are not in position of a SBR if you take the brake off.

I don't know how easy it is to put a regular stock in an AMD but I am sure it's possible...... anything is possible lol. I personally didn't care for the AMD look, but now I dig them. If it's the traditional look you are going for..... just get a traditional looking AK. Get what you want because if you don't, every time you look at the gun, you gonna wish you had what you really wanted.

You can always add a cheek rest onto the stock to make it function a little better. I have a Romanian side folding wire stock with an aftermarket bolt on metal bar cheek rest and it helps a lot.

Thank you. I recently took an interest because of how available they are on Armslist currently. I found one with some hogue tacticool junk, 2 30-round mags, one 20-round, and 350-400 rounds of 7.62x39. I`m probably going to sell the tactical stuff and take a traditionalist look.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top