JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it saves us $$, that would be good, but I'd be leery of giving Amazon a lot of personal data. My questions would be:

Where do they get the drugs?
What kind of personal data will Amazon have on you?
How secure is that personal data?
What will they do with your data?

How many pharmacists will lose their jobs?
You know Amazon can really streamline the process, I'd guess a significant portion of pharmacists could be at risk of losing their jobs if this takes off.

If it saves us $$, that would be good, but I'd be leery of giving Amazon a lot of personal data. My questions would be:

Where do they get the drugs?
What kind of personal data will Amazon have on you?
How secure is that personal data?
What will they do with your data?
Anyone who uses prescription drugs your info is on the net now, so that ship sailed long ago.
As to where the stuff is made this latest hoax showed people most of our stuff is made in China now. Many drugs no longer have ANY plants here in the US. Some tried to warn about this and were ignored. So that ship sailed.
Tech marches on and it's hard to put that Genie back in the bottle.

as long as the pills are not coming from China...oh wait ...what :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Richmond_USO_autograph-450x573.jpg

My mom has just a few prescriptions, and her supplemental insurance offers on-line ordering and delivery.
Those that cost a copay of ~$30 at Target/CVS/Walgreens are delivered free and on schedule.
OptumRX https://www.optum.com/

For the one that has the $300 co-pay, you bet I am going to check out Amazon.

How many pharmacists will lose their jobs?
You know Amazon can really streamline the process, I'd guess a significant portion of pharmacists could be at risk of losing their jobs if this takes off.

Walgreens already has a partnership with an org that mails meds to customers, but when I switched insurance last year my insurance at the time would not pay for it so I had to go back to driving into town to get my meds.

Then when I got laid off and went to Medicare I found out how much Walgreens really charges - much higher than Costco/etc.

For me, Walgreens does not offer any added value - all my healthcare providers know the meds I take and talk to each other, so they know about drug interactions/etc.

If I can, I will go with Amazon. It is much more convenient for me to have the meds mailed to me and I hope that I will get discounts as I do not have insurance (yet) that will pay for the meds, and one of the meds is $7 per pill (per day) at Walgreens without insurance.

Ever bought batteries from Amazon? I will not be buying meds there. :s0002:
I have to take it you had a problem?
I use a LOT of AA's so long ago went to rechargeable. They last a good long time and when they start to go I buy a fresh batch off Amazon. So far all seems great. Before I went with lights for the guns that were rechargeable I used to buy those batteries off Amazon. Since they all took some version of those "button batteries" that were always a PITA to find at the store, at least here. Those too, so far nothing for me to complain about. My Red Dots still use the button cells, keep a few in the range bag so if one gets low while at the range just pop in a new one. Often they sit in the range bag for a hell of a long time and again so far nothing for me to complain about???

Amazon (among others) is a BIG supporter of BLM. Just so you'll know what your meds are REALLY costing you.

Just FYI.

I have been blessed so far, in that I seldom need anything other than OTC. When I do mine just go to the local Freddie's and my insurance is set up there. Same place I do a lot of shopping. This is Kroger and as far as I know they also support a LOT of this crap. Since I have to eat, and like to eat, way too much:D, I have to shop somewhere. I don't know if the people who run Krogers really "believe" in the crap they support or not. Suspect a lot of the people supporting places like BLM are basically paying protection money. The same reason so many still give money to the race hustler's who call themselves "reverend". It's either pay them or they can make life miserable for them so it's cheaper to pay. I give Jeff a LOT of money, he has more money than god so to speak now but, so does the family who owns Wal-Mart, not to mention a few others. Anyone use Comcast?
I applaud those who really will go out of their way to not share their money with the "bad actors" but, often when you talk to one they are throwing money at some other bad actor. Often we have little or no choice. When I can make a choice? Like if some local place is anti rights, and they have a competitor who is pro rights? Hell yes I will give my business to the one who I like, even if it means paying a little more. A LOT of stuff I have no choice.

With regards to Amazon knowing more about me.

Health insurance companies and doctors, etc., know a lot about you already, and they do share that info with each other when appropriate.

Amazon did ask me for the last 4 digits of my social security, birth date and info about my meds and health - except for the SS # that is not unusual.

With regards to Amazon knowing more about me.

Health insurance companies and doctors, etc., know a lot about you already, and they do share that info with each other when appropriate.

Amazon did ask me for the last 4 digits of my social security, birth date and info about my meds and health - except for the SS # that is not unusual.
This was yet another "thing" done by the Fed's that to this day a shocking number of people still do not know went in. ALL health care long ago went to a system that they can all see and share. When it was forced on them the idea was too many people were going to multiple Doctors to get some drugs. Now every provider has to use one of the approved systems. Now when people go to the hospital IF they give their real name, the medical records can be seen by those who need it. It has been humorous at times. One thing that still amazes me is the number of workers who have access to this info who get themselves fired. I have access to the system. We get regular warnings about it, yearly have to even pass a test showing we understand. Yet still some get caught and get fired. Its one of the few things that will get you canned fast where I work. I can not even look up my own info. My provider has a different deal I can sign up for to see my info but they make it clear if I use the one for work to look at my records they will fire me. Saw this happen to someone not long ago. They got one warning when they first did it. They ignored the warning and did it again, looking up their own stuff. They came one day, took their ID, and walked them out the door.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews