JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The answer is no. I was misled by the buyer and wanted to know about how to deal with it. I told him i had an ffl and he backed out. His account says he is a washington resident.

Hmmmmm, Sounds like the mods should know. That kind of BS can get you thrown in the slammer. Selling a gun to a foreign citizen is federal jail time.

Unless you are the ATF, and you sell the guns to Mexican drug dealers. That's ok I guess.

But really. I'ld want to get the buyer shut down, so it doesn't happen again. Mods????

So its clear what happened.....A junior member with no posts from Bellingham WA responded to my add . We had a short email conversation about details of the trade. He told me infact he is canadian so i suggested ffl and he declined .I started this thread to clear the air for me and others that might not know all the exacts of the law.

Now is the guy a Canadian or is he a WA resident? In your earlier message to me you said he was a WA resident that was living in Canada at this time. Which would imply he is not a Canadian but just there on a temporary work visa or similar circumstance.

He said he was a WA resident but when i told him what i would need to do the sale he said he had a BC license and carry permit .So i mentioned ffl and he backed out

I am a Canadian citizen who lives in Vancouver, WA. I am a legal resident of the state with all the appropriate paperwork to be here It is legal for me to buy all the firearms I want as well as to have a WA CPL. Of course if I was a non-resident, it's a totally different story.

If you ever have any doubts about selling a firearm it's safer to just err on the side of caution and find a different buyer. You'll sleep better that way.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top