JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all-

Very interested in the On the Scanner thread, and then it began to, er, take a bit of a turn. Since it started getting muddy, I thought I'd volunteer another thread where the Enemy of the State / John Twelve Hawks / Surveillance conversation could occur.

Here you go gents.:s0155:

Good deal.

Funny thing though... is there such a thing as staying "on-topic" in an "Off-Topic" forum?? :D

I too am interested in the merits of scanners. Are they tough to "program" or is there an "Idiots Guide to Scanners" for those of us who've never used/owned them?

Good deal.

Funny thing though... is there such a thing as staying "on-topic" in an "Off-Topic" forum?? :D

I too am interested in the merits of scanners. Are they tough to "program" or is there an "Idiots Guide to Scanners" for those of us who've never used/owned them?

For ease of programing get a modern Uniden Scanner, all info for all states can be found here http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db

If you search you will find free programming software for most Uniden scanners.

I would be interested in the topic of scanners, are there good/decent mid priced hand helds/portables.... will they pick up police/fire what about weather?

best bang for the buck is the BCT-15X About 219.00 easy to program will pick up all police/fire/weather/CB/Ham/FRS/ Etc... but the digital stuff... Vancouver /Portland not switching over till at least 2012.. DHS at the airport in PDX is digital. It's about $500.00 for a Digital Scanner. best on the market for digital is the BCD-996XT

I was sitting on a grassy knoll in Dallas in November of 1963, enjoying my lunch and popping off a few rounds just for fun while planning my next trip to Cuba. The trip was being organized by the Trilateral Commission and included Sam Giancana, former VP Richard Nixon, and my buddy Jack Ruby. We were going to take Jimmy Hoffa's black helicopter. The trip got cancelled, and I never knew why. I didn't think anything about it until today.

But just now I heard on my Uniden scanner that the police want to talk to me. Wonder what that's all about.

I was sitting on a grassy knoll in Dallas in November of 1963, enjoying my lunch and popping off a few rounds just for fun while planning my next trip to Cuba. The trip was being organized by the Trilateral Commission and included Sam Giancana, former VP Richard Nixon, and my buddy Jack Ruby. We were going to take Jimmy Hoffa's black helicopter. The trip got cancelled, and I never knew why. I didn't think anything about it until today.

But just now I heard on my Uniden scanner that the police want to talk to me. Wonder what that's all about.

:s0113: :s0131:

Its about your 4200 file:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads