JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw this and will be contributing to it. 22 vets each day commit suicide. If the government is unable or unwilling to address this, maybe some public awareness will help.

Almost Sunrise is a documentary about 2 vets struggle to find a normal life after returning home from the war. I almost posted this under political or general. But it really isn't either. Please take a look, and donate if you feel it is the right thing to do.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...unrise-a-documentary-in-production?ref=banner

My disappointment in the V.A. knows no bounds, and I am one of the lucky ones. I am about to apply for a job with the V.A., the irony....oh the irony....but GREAT job security. It will add material to either my book or comedy routine or both. I genuinely feel for the vet who is just entering " the system " and does not yet know what is in store for him or her. Next time I'm asked I may consider joining the other guy's army.

I read a good article about the suicide among vets, not only those who were/are returning from the middle east, but the vietnam vets as well. It was saying the vietnam vets were preoccupied for the last 40 year working and after retiring and sitting around more watching the news and seeing the new war footage was igniting the ptsd from their years in war. The memories would flood back and it was amazing the numbers of vietnam vets that were committing suicide now.
It's so sad and so sick to see the failure in emotional and mental support for our heroes.

God bless them, and I hope they find peace.

Nam vet sucide rate is the highest of all returning combat vets. Currently still on top by a long shot. They also top the numbers of combat veterns in prision. Buried and forgotten stuff. Soon to be repeated.

I read a good article about the suicide among vets, not only those who were/are returning from the middle east, but the vietnam vets as well. It was saying the vietnam vets were preoccupied for the last 40 year working and after retiring and sitting around more watching the news and seeing the new war footage was igniting the ptsd from their years in war. The memories would flood back and it was amazing the numbers of vietnam vets that were committing suicide now.
It's so sad and so sick to see the failure in emotional and mental support for our heroes.

Or just getting more pissed off.

God bless them, and I hope they find peace.

suicides are not just the vets but their families also. read an article about the amount of family member that are also committing suicide. our nation has lost sight of what is right and what is wrong when it comes to those who serve.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top