JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Poor guy almost gets robbed and everyone is making fun of his shoes :D

We are a bunch of old geezers around here as I did not know what they were either....oh and yes I would have given them also those things are hideous :s0084:

All in fun and glad it all worked out for you Bennyl.

"Yea, they'll match your "necktie"". lol
nice
Maybe next time you could take a picture of them for the cops.. you know, with the camera you were holding in your hand at the time.

I wasn't really thinking about that at the time. It was more of fight or flight. If I did start pointing my camera at them, they probably would have grabbed it out of my hands and ran.

I used to ride the max from gresham to down town portland daily. I used to pretend to sleep on the train with headphones in, but nothing playing so I could hear.
It's amazing what people say when they think your not/can't listen.
I had one hand always in my bag on a weapon.

At night riding home the homeless people would always get on. I still remember a homeless guy lighting his shoe on fire them the homeless guy behind me telling his buddy he had to stab another guy for stealing his $0.35.

But our govt wants to push us into city living and force mass transit down our throats.

I bet the Portland police would call this an attempted redistribution of wealth and not attempted robbery.

Just saying...

As i scrolled through this entire thread, I have yet to see another story of a botched crime due to ccw. So, I'll be the second. Of course this happened to a friend of mine but I still love the story. My friend was walking alone in one of the Portland area parks. ( Still havent figured that one out) Two men approached him with knives and demanded he give them his wallet. According to my friend, he calmly reached into his jacket where his ccw was in his shoulder holster and stated " I am a concealed carrier, are you sure you want to continue?" I guess both perps looked at each other and took off running. My friend never had to pull but was glad he was ready in case they challenged him more.

Once I was standing on a street corner. Not on my phone. And paying attention to my surroundings.
I saw two scum balls walking up to me. They had that shifty look in there eyes, that told me they were up to no good.

So I walked away.....................

I love this story. :s0140:

Good eye Benny and good situational awareness.

Know who is around you and always have an exit strategy if needed.

Though I disagree about calling the police. At least make a statement over the phone so it's on record of an "attempted robbery" or whatever they classify it as.
Yes - calling the police may protect you from claims by the perps; they are not above calling the police themselves and claiming a guy at the bustop pulled a knife on them.

Living on my own at 19 and still washing close at a laundrymat left my dryer unattended for 5 min to cross the parking lot to a minit mart, came back all my clothes gone.at 19 yrs of age all my clothes fit in 1 industrial size washer. Week later walking down same neighborhood with a coworker here comes guy on bicycle wearing my company jacket with my name stitched in it says he has worked there for 3 yrs. I have for 5 coworker for 7. Pay back is 10 fold.

My first and only confrontation in my life. I wonder what would have happened if I decided to bring my sw shield... but not likely because I wouldn't even be able to carry it in Kentucky....

Do what I did and get yourself a Utah non-resident carry permit to go along with your Oregon one. That way, you can carry your S&W Shield in Kentucky the next time you go there. You don't ever want to wind up bringing your knife to a gunfight, its always better to have the bad guy bring his knife to your gunfight.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top