1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

alien gaar 3.0 question

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by fastcoyota, Mar 15, 2016.

1. fastcoyota

fastcoyota aberdeen New Member

Any alien gear owners here. If so do anyone put gun oil on the alien skin to last longer and inside the kyotex to make it go in and out smoother just wondering thanks
  2. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I bought an Alien Gear rig a while back. It's well made and affordable for sure. Like all the other IWB rigs though I find it bulky. I have molds for my 1911 (which is bulky) an my Kahr CW45 which is like most compact 45's. Normal people do just fine with big IWB rigs. I EDC with my Versacarry though. It works grea with either of my 45's. Zero bulk.
  3. The Nothing

The Nothing PDX Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Never found a reason to oil anything. Just adjust the tension to your liking, and use a bit of locktite to keep it together. I've lost screws otherwise.
    All you should need to do is rinse things off every once in awhile.
    WrenchNguns and Sgt Nambu like this.
  4. WrenchNguns

WrenchNguns Clark County, Wa Member 2016 Volunteer

I also have a 3.0. I like it very much and haven't had a problem with it being too stiff. If you are worried about the skin wearing through, don't. They have a lifetime guarantee. I have dealt with a few times and they have had really good service.
    The Nothing likes this.
  5. CallsignMigs

CallsignMigs Cascadia Member

I've never oiled by Cloak Tuck 3.0, but I do spray the inside of my full kydex holsters with some light CLP. I don't see why you could't do this on a hybrid, like the Alien Gear holsters, but I would make sure it only got on the plastic (kydex) side. The oil/CLP would just soak into the neoprene/leather side, and get funky.