JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have so far found only one source for these pieces, and they require a minimum order of 1,000 each, but I cannot justify ordering that many if I am not going to make a thousand pouches or 500 sets of straps :s0001:

I want to make a retro style QD shoulder strap set in Coyote Brown, or other colors, and I have a hankering to make a bunch of pouches using the ALICE pouch two-prong fasteners. It seems my best route would be to use the more easily available plastic side release buckles or friction buckles for the duty :( I can get the metal loops easily for the ALICE shoulder strap components, but its the 2-prong plastic piece that I want to get, but I can't justify ordering 1,000 of those little pieces :s0092: I would really rather not be forced to cannibalize ALICE straps, and the fasteners on the pouches are basically heat riveted on. 20201112_122322.jpg 20201112_122251.jpg

Not any more they don't.
For most of their pouches, you're probably right. But for the Super Straps, Super Belt, rucksacks series and MAV shoulders/cross straps, they still use side release buckles or ladderlocks, or for the PNW Series, the ITW Waterbury QD Buckles with Ladderlocks that the FILBE uses. I can get these QD buckles from Hudson 4 Supplies for $9 each plus shipping from Canada...

Hmm.. Those surplus pouches can be found pretty cheap. $9/ each for the QD buckles seems high (plus shipping..eek). Would you still have to heat fuse them? If so, I'd find a box of those 3 mag pouches, drill, and refuse, but IDK. I was sure I saw a box of those somewhere about 10 years ago that were laying around at a store somewhere near Lakewood, Wa. collecting dust, but I can't remember where the heck I saw them. Good luck with your search. I will keep an eye out.

Hmm.. Those surplus pouches can be found pretty cheap. $9/ each for the QD buckles seems high (plus shipping..eek). Would you still have to heat fuse them? If so, I'd find a box of those 3 mag pouches, drill, and refuse, but IDK. I was sure I saw a box of those somewhere about 10 years ago that were laying around at a store somewhere near Lakewood, Wa. collecting dust, but I can't remember where the heck I saw them. Good luck with your search. I will keep an eye out.
For the FILBE buckle assemblies, yes. Otherwise it would be the Duraflex surface mont, ITW Nexus Surface Mount. Or the ITW Nexus QASM, all of which uses side release male clips... the surplus pouches fasteners, harder to reuse (I tried and failed) . ITW-MQRB-BUCKLE-QUICK-RELEASE-MILSPEC-TAN-800x800.jpg

Slight update. The ALICE pouch closures have a minimum quantity order of 300, with the price being $5.85 each :s0001::s0001::s0001: way too much for a small timer/hobbyist for me :( the two-prong item, $0.95 each, with either 100 minimum or 1,000 minimum, still too much on the latter number (the rep wrote it as "1,00") :( although if confirmed 100 minimum, that is a slightly better deal and I suppose I could attempt to do a "modernized" M1956 pouch closure, but I am not sure it would be effective. It is definitely a lighter assembly with the metal loops than the FILBE QD buckle, and is a slimmer/lower profile setup than the MOLLE II QD buckle thingies.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top