JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you ever work at or for Epic aviation?
No, but I did meet several people that do/did. Seems like a pretty cool company, and they put out a neat product. I know their Director of Maintenance.

Fellow Bendite! Totally get leaving Bend...

That said, wish you the best of course... but moving from OR to WA seems like trading a punch in the groin for a kick in the stomach!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!
Yes, Washington isn't really any better than Oregon, but Eastern Washington is alot better than Western Washington/Oregon!
We have friends and family in the area, we didn't want to go too far East and be totally alone.

The last election and then browns covid disaster did it for me in Oregon. The wild west/logging town of Bend is becoming little portland. I didn't move to LaPine to pay for portlands problems. Plus the lockdown pretty much bankrupted us, and no unemployment benefits/handouts for self employed.

If you are moving to the Spokane area, bring money - lots of it. Housing prices have more than doubled in the past three years.
Fortunately (for me) Central Oregon prices have done the same. We purchased our Washington property for the same as we sold out Oregon property, so it's like I was still buying at 2015 prices.

kbeefy;

Welcome to the free side of Washington.

I accept that you believe you hold conservative values - however, you have been living in the belly of the beast. Please PLEASE recognize that you have been indoctrinated by the left by mere proximity.

Before you act, and before you speak, try to watch and learn from the old timers that have not only been native born raised and reared, but have built the haven in which you are seeking refuge.

I was born and raised here, as were my ancestors since this was Washington Territory, and the States of Idaho and Washington were yet to be.

Virgil and Wyatt Earp were patrons of my Uncle 's store in Spokane Falls WA. The same Pioneer that founded the City of Spokane Falls, chartered the Masonic Temple there, had the first telephone circuit installed in the city, was appointed by the Territorial Governor to serve on the first city council, platted the streets in Spokane Falls and other Spokane County towns, served on the first public Library board, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Last Edited:
I was born and raised in Alaska, My wife (Alaskan Native, Aleut) and I lived there for 40 years.
Just because I lived 150 miles from Portland for a few years doesn't mean I've been 'Indoctrinated'...

No need to preach at me, go find your own soapbox and an interested audience.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top