Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ak47 pistol make/model question

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by tacrob10, Dec 30, 2011.

1. tacrob10

tacrob10 LVK Washington Member

I sold an old motorcycle a couple years back and also got an ak47 pistol for trade, im curious what brand it is. There is no markings on the right side but on the left it has an empty triangle then 1986 and then seriel number. I dont know much about these guns any help? thanks

2. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

I'm going to guess at a Romanian....they're the only one's I can think of that put the full year date (Chinese usually only put last two digits or a number code for the year). Pics would help.

3. tacrob10

This is the only picture i have right now.. Any idea how much a gun like this is worth also. im considering selling since ive shot it once and not much of an ak guy

akpistol.jpg

4. Toxic6

Damn....that's a short barrel lol. I don't know - custom job on a Romak trunnion maybe? I had a Lancaster once but it had a bit longer barrel, and it said Lancaster arms on it.....and it beat the rivets out of the back of the receiver when i shot it lol (man was I disappointed- cool as bubblegume otherwise). I also owned a Draco, which is the imported Romanian AK "pistol" but it's not a pistol, more like a sub gun sized piece. Other then the internet, I've never seen one like yours before.

5. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

Empty triangle is Romanian. Older Romanian arsenal marks have an arrow in triangle.

6. tacrob10

yeah its a very short barrel! I practically had to wear sunglasses when i shot it.. Any value on a gun like this? thanks for the help guys

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

8. Toxic6