JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've put quite a few rounds through my Sierra Arms AK47 now, and I like it except for one problem. The trigger seems to kick back against your finger quite a bit. It really hurts your finger after firing about 50 rounds.

Is this a common problem with AKs? I'm not familiar enough with them to know. Is there some kind of upgrade you can do to fix it?

what kind of trigger is in there now....is it a G2 single hook (it would be stamped G2) you could modify the receiver for a double hook.....you could look at swapping it for an Arsenal trigger or a Red Star trigger group

I've put quite a few rounds through my Sierra Arms AK47 now, and I like it except for one problem. The trigger seems to kick back against your finger quite a bit. It really hurts your finger after firing about 50 rounds.

Is this a common problem with AKs? I'm not familiar enough with them to know. Is there some kind of upgrade you can do to fix it?

change out the entire trigger disconector and hammer. more than likely they used some of the early crappy cast parts that were always giving trigger slap.
the parts are not that expensive and i always tell people to change it all since they will have wear on some parts and not on others. kinda like putting a couple crappy tires on one side of your truck and nice ones on the other side.
the performance won't be what you would like.
the hook on the trigger is usually the problem if i remmeber correctly.
if it's to tall and ruff on the top these things can cause the hammer to hit the top of the hook a little harder. if you take your top cover off and pull back on the charging handle you can actually see the hammer ride over the hook. it's supposed to push it down but if it's to tall then it forces it down a little harder. that's how i remember it. the top of the trigger hook might be able to be fixed with a little polishing to let the hammer go over it a little smoother. hope that helps a little. i can sometimes get people a little confused lol. it's easier to show somebody in person.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top