JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an opinion based upon a decade of building, shooting and playing AK optics :)

I have an ultimak and it does get hot after shooting multiple rounds and warms up the optic. It also adds weight forward, so the only sight I like is my small Trijicon, but in the end I always take that stuff off and go back to my Powers Custom Mojo Peep sight. My eyes aren't so good anymore and the mojo really does make the AK sight work much better.

FWIW, I have Eotechs, Aimpoints and Trijicons and like I said, they always come off eventually.

...and, I had a Russian Kobra on my SAM7/with the side mounted sight base, but I had to lift my head off the stock like a Meerkat to see thru that thing.

My $0.03 :)

For an ultimak, micro dot works the best...T1 Aimpoint, or on the cheaper side, vortex or bushnell TRS 25.

For a side mount, as said above, look as the RS Regulate mounts for the optic of choice...

I also have an Npap, and agree that a micro dot on an Ultimak, or Rs Regulate rail with either a scope or Eotech is the way to go. I already had an Eotech and I really like them for my use, so I bought the Rs mount Yugo specific which is 307 model for a full length rail. I also like the heavy barrel of the Npap, but wanted to cut weight since adding the sight would add some weight. Changing the stock with an adaptor and collapsible made a noticeable difference, which in my opinion is just as awesome an upgrade as the rail and sight.

like a few have mentioned, the Ultimak gets hot so be aware.
if you can mount a QD side mount, that's probably your best choice so if your optic fails for whatever reason you can pull it off and still use your irons.
TWS makes the dog leg mount but I've read mixed reviews on it.
good luck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top