JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are your all thoughts on running a Airsoft, AKA clearly a knock off product, on a rimfire.

Been looking at folding stocks and they can be ridiculous.

I know, I know, research and design costs money. Blah blah blah. It's stick made out of metal to put on the back of a bangy thingy. They don't need to cost 300 in my opinion.

So I found this.

https://airsoftartisan.com/collections/mcx-mpx/products/airsoft-artisan-folding-style-stock

I'm fairly certain it will be just as durable as whatever China decides to MIM this or maybe machine it out of. But then again it will be on a 22, so does it need to be 7075 t6?

What's your thoughts on something like that strength? I imagine Airsoft guys are likely much harder on their air guns than average joes larping in the woods would ever.

If you know the Airsoft world better than I do and know a place to find something like this even cheaper please let me know.

Reno

22 has same recoil as airsoft so shouldn't make any difference. I routinely swap braces on and off rimfire and my airgun pistol. I couldn't tell you if one of them is made for rimfire or not it may be airsoft. The sig Sauer ones are not made for airsoft I know that though. It's just a piece of plastic or aluminum. My 15-22 .22 stock feels way flimsier than some airsoft stocks I've seen.

I would avoid using airsoft stuff on guns with recoil, but it's a .22 it shouldn't matter.

I dabbled in it for a while. Had some gear and a few guns and played a few times. Some of the airsoft grade gear is virtually indistinguishable from the "real" thing. Especially stocks and grips etc........

I've seen some air soft stuff that was built to really take a beating. People LARP pretty hard with some of that stuff.
Got some of these folding aluminum stocks for very cheap to play with on sbrs. Seem to be pretty good so far. Top pic uses a standard pic rail riser (like for an optic) between gun and stock to increase LOP 1".

869141A2-EBF5-4FC9-B970-DE6E83D9FE9C.jpeg
44E12F25-8000-48AE-B507-1E1C12136D9D.png

Got some of these folding aluminum stocks for very cheap to play with on sbrs. Seem to be pretty good so far. Top pic uses a standard pic rail riser (like for an optic) between gun and stock to increase LOP 1".

View attachment 1434191
View attachment 1434192
The weird fact that these versions and Jmac versions are almost completely sold out everywhere, makes me think they come from the same factory. If that's the case Jmac is making a killing in mark up! I got one of these exact stocks and it is extremely well made for being "air soft"

The weird fact that these versions and Jmac versions are almost completely sold out everywhere, makes me think they come from the same factory. If that's the case Jmac is making a killing in mark up! I got one of these exact stocks and it is extremely well made for being "air soft"
Some of the knock offs made in China are actually made in the real factory during a ghost shift. For example, some of the iphone knockoffs are just made during the third shift and apple doesn't make any money from them.

Personally I've always found jmac to be way, way, overpriced. I have never bought anything from them for that reason. Often you can find the same or similar thing made by others (in usa I mean) for 1/2 the price. Mp5 1913 stock adapter is one example.

Just because it's air soft doesn't mean it's not made well. I've seen some reviews on parts and compared to real parts. If it's made from metal and not plastic it would hold up no problem. I would definitely do the same if it was something like a stock or grip. It can only be manufactured so many different ways.

There was a rimfire dovetail to reddot mount I was looking at a few years ago, one came from a well known European company, the other off Aliexpress for about 1/4 the price. They both used the same photos, the mold marks were the same and all the other specs were the same. The part I received matched the photos and I have little doubt that I would have received the "same" part had I ordered from the well known European company

There was a rimfire dovetail to reddot mount I was looking at a few years ago, one came from a well known European company, the other off Aliexpress for about 1/4 the price. They both used the same photos, the mold marks were the same and all the other specs were the same. The part I received matched the photos and I have little doubt that I would have received the "same" part had I ordered from the well known European company
Yep same deal here. Even logo is identical.

Some of the knock offs made in China are actually made in the real factory during a ghost shift. For example, some of the iphone knockoffs are just made during the third shift and apple doesn't make any money from them.
That's what really irks me, that we are being duped into paying more by some form of marketing.

I recently learned that about 80% of the sunglasses market is owned by 1 company. They make a ton of glasses in one factory and simply swap brand labels. Cost is about $5-$15 a complete set of glasses. Depending on brand, say Prada, the mark up can be 1000%.

Craziest part is we separate ourselves by which brands we are able to purchase.

Optics are the worst. Not talking about genuine us made red dots but I've seen the same red dots sold under maybe 10 different names like sig, vortex, random Chinese name. Different label can increase cost 3 to 4 times for the exact same optic.

That's what really irks me, that we are being duped into paying more by some form of marketing.

I recently learned that about 80% of the sunglasses market is owned by 1 company. They make a ton of glasses in one factory and simply swap brand labels. Cost is about $5-$15 a complete set of glasses. Depending on brand, say Prada, the mark up can be 1000%.

sneetches on beaches.jpg

I went to China a few years ago for school, and when I was negotiating in the market, I had to take a new approach. I had to think of the most ridiculous price that I could for what I'd pay, then cut it in half, and that was the starting price.

I got a tailored suit for just over $100. Those $40 Macy's ties were under $1.

Optics are the worst. Not talking about genuine us made red dots but I've seen the same red dots sold under maybe 10 different names like sig, vortex, random Chinese name. Different label can increase cost 3 to 4 times for the exact same optic.
I have LONG speculated about that. Been playing with Dot sights for a long time. Have a couple around that I bought so long ago I can't even remember when I bought them. Have floated between untold guns and they seem to me to work great. Now I would not want to take one into battle but, I sure don't try to be gentle with them as they are CHEAP. So has long made me wonder, do these come out of the same factory as others with a "known name" and price FAR higher??

Not talking about genuine us made red dots
"Assembled" and "made" can be blurred with marketing. Some industries are far better at labeling such things. Firearms components not being one of them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top