JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Diana 34 and Hatsan m95 break-barrels and a Daisy 753 and a cheap co2 pistol that are taking up space because I don't have the skillz or time to repair them myself.

The 753 and pistol just need reassembly. The Diana works, but I fiddled with the trigger and now it won't fire. The Hatsan barrel for some reason won't go into firing position but it's otherwise new.

Can anyone recommend someone local (don't want to ship, not worth it on top of the repair cost) who's currently doing that?

I see prior posts, but most are several years old. Have anyone fix your airgun recently that's you'd recommend?

Neither gun is worth much, but I'd be willing to put a couple hundred bucks to get them back into service.

Thanks for any advice!

diy-memes.jpg

As I recall there have been some past threads on this with the conclusion that now that Andy and bax is out of business there is no one local. But I have no clue personally just what I recall. i was looking for someone to repair my marauder pistol that was leaking at the filler and ended up researching it and ordering a replacement filler valve from Amazon for $10.

So my guess is it is either mail it or research and fix yourself (lots of guns have complete reseal kits available).

There was a guy out off 207th or 209th just of TV Hwy who was into airguns and did repairs, but I do not remember his name of have his address. Not very helpful I know but maybe that'll trigger someone to come up with a name for you. I dealt with him about 5 years ago.

As I recall there have been some past threads on this with the conclusion that now that Andy and bax is out of business there is no one local.
Andy and Bax is not out of business and still at their Portland location. Just shopped there two weeks ago. They also never sold or repaired airguns. I believe you must mean Ollie Damon's which was right up the street from Andy and Bax. They were a sporting goods store that did repair airguns, fishing reels, camp stoves and lanterns among other things. They relocated in 2016 and finally closed up shop in February 2019.

Andy and Bax is not out of business and still at their Portland location. Just shopped there two weeks ago. They also never sold or repaired airguns. I believe you must mean Ollie Damon's which was right up the street from Andy and Bax. They were a sporting goods store that did repair airguns, fishing reels, camp stoves and lanterns among other things. They relocated in 2016 and finally closed up shop in February 2019.
That's right thanks! I get the two confused.

It seems there is not anyone that repairs airguns in Portland. Someone should take advantage of that fact and open up some type of repair shop. Does anyone know or can direct me to a club that I can take and shoot my air rifles at. I do not know where I can shoot my air guns. I have 3 a puncher breaker, ataman bp 17, and some other that I cannot recall the name but I could use some help on finding a spot please.
Thank you

It seems there is not anyone that repairs airguns in Portland. Someone should take advantage of that fact and open up some type of repair shop. Does anyone know or can direct me to a club that I can take and shoot my air rifles at. I do not know where I can shoot my air guns. I have 3 a puncher breaker, ataman bp 17, and some other that I cannot recall the name but I could use some help on finding a spot please.
Thank you
Call the gun room in Portland, OR and ask for Tony.
Seems that the Obama and now Biden presedents got ATF involved and been shutting down these small repair facilities by overburdened rules, regulations and fines. Darrels airguns was my prime spot for repairs until he was unfairly shut down. Most by repairs are being done in Southern California by Mac 1 or McMurray & sons. A 3rd generation repair facility that specializes in Beeman, German, English high end airguns. Tim is a really cool guy I got to know when I lived there in the 80's-90's. I'm hopeful that Tony (The Gun Room) will give more insight and possibly referral to someone local.
Hope this helps!
Good-on-ya,
John

Seems that the Obama and now Biden presedents got ATF involved and been shutting down these small repair facilities by overburdened rules, regulations and fines. Darrels airguns was my prime spot for repairs until he was unfairly shut down. Most by repairs are being done in Southern California by Mac 1 or McMurray & sons. A 3rd generation repair facility that specializes in Beeman, German, English high end airguns. Tim is a really cool guy I got to know when I lived there in the 80's-90's. I'm hopeful that Tony (The Gun Room) will give more insight and possibly referral to someone local.
Hope this helps!
Good-on-ya,
John
I do believe this is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually recommending to contact the gun room. Must be a sign of the end times!

I do believe this is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually recommending to contact the gun room. Must be a sign of the end times!
I do not buy firearms from them.
Just a referral to someone that repairs airguns in the PNW area.
Do you know anyone?
Tired of researching internet, calling all gunsmiths in the area & finding zero results.

Hope this helps!
Good-on-ya,
John
Hi,
I just saw your response. Thank you for the information and I will definitely follow up on it come Tuesday. It has been much more difficult than I ever would have assumed trying to get repair work done on these airguns. I guess that has already been said. Thanks again,
Brian

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads