JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are the aluminum targets a good friend of mine made me for winter time use of
my shooting gallery, in the garage.:)
The steel targets the gallery came with are for Rim-Fire .22 and my air rifle would not
knock them down. :(
I took a pattern to my friend and he made me these aluminum targets in his shop. :D
I have yet to debur and paint them, or try them with a .177 pellet pistol, but a .22 cal
rifle pellet knocks them right over.:eek::eek::eek::eek::D
The hole in the center is for a lead slug to keep the targets from bouncing as they travel. Turns out, it wasn't needed.:oops:
Targets Alum-1.jpg Targets Steel.jpg Steel Targets.

Last Edited:
The new aluminum targets are all installed and work perfectly. So far I have used a GAMO Swarm .22, a Crosman Pump .177 and a CO2 .177 pistol. All shot from a garage length away.(about 20'). The only ones that made a significant mark at all were the GAMO .22 pellets @ 900 fps +. :eek:
I'm happy. :):):)

PS. The .177 pellets due tend to bounce around the garage a bit.:eek::p

Cool targets!

Re .177 bouncing around the garage, maybe you could make a little "cookie cutter" the same shape as the targets and use the "cookie cutter" to cut out duct seal and plaster that onto the targets. It will absorb the pellet, no more ricochets. Will make it silent though and may throw the weight of the target off by being heavier (depending on how thick the duct seal is). I have 3 lbs of duct seal that I have probably shot around 3000-4000 pellets into and it still just seems to keep eating them. Someday I'll have to replace the duct seal. It's probably about 50% duct seal and 50% pellets now ha ha.

Gardner Bender 1 lb. Plug Duct Seal Compound-DS-110 - The Home Depot

Those targets are a great idea! Thanx for sharing.

I'd worry my .22 cal Hatsan air rifle would bounce pellets around. Not too much though since I doubt I would be out in my unheated shop this winter. :eek:

The duct seal putty works great! I use it behind my paper targets.
I have a layer of cardboard behind the ducks, but it only helps if you
miss them. :rolleyes:
The .22 pellets don't bounce around as there is very little of them left
after hitting a ducks.:eek:
It's the .177 out of the pistol that are the problem.:(

Here are the aluminum Ducks. My cardboard rickochet catcher is shot so full of holes I had to put some white paper behind them so I could see any of my misses.:eek:
I just put some soft ear plugs in the holes in the center of the ducks.:rolleyes:
Please excuse my paint job The gallery catches a few at 50 yds with rimfire, but it's heavily shielded.:(
I added a keyless remote start/stop switch to the motor, ($12.00 on E-bay) it saves
having to walk up and start, or stop the motor. (Caldwell Shooting Gallery)

Duck Targets.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews