JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up some 140 gr 6.5c ammo and wow this stuff is el poopoooo ! There was 5 duds in one box and a definite difference in charges out of a sub moa rifle produced pie plate groups ! I would avoid at all costs tried to call manufacturer for the past three days and no answer and no reply to e mail save your money !
Federal
Hornady
Remington
Etc Etc !

I picked up some 140 gr 6.5c ammo and wow this stuff is el poopoooo ! There was 5 duds in one box and a definite difference in charges out of a sub moa rifle produced pie plate groups ! I would avoid at all costs tried to call manufacturer for the past three days and no answer and no reply to e mail save your money !
Federal
Hornady
Remington
Etc Etc !
Holy crap that's bad. Does it stink too? I have 3 boxes of aguila .22 ammo that will probably never get used up cuz the little bit I did use was stinky and dirty.

Holy crap that's bad. Does it stink too? I have 3 boxes of aguila .22 ammo that will probably never get used up cuz the little bit I did use was stinky and dirty.
Oh man.. Lame! I got a few boxes of that. I saw that 6.5 stuff at SW and the red flag alarms were blaring up down left right and center. But I think that happens to me with all cheapo ammo brands like inner voice: "you've gone down this road before.. What are the odds its the same path just slightly more over grown since last time"

A few years ago I tried some of their 40S&W. Dirty, stinky, a few dead primers and the first time I ever had a squib from any centerfire pistol ammo. Oddly, reviews are "generally" fairly positive about it, and I kind of chalked it up to just bad luck of the draw, but I've never touched it again.

It makes you wonder if a lot of reviewers just happen to have good luck or their frame of reference as to what constitutes "good" target ammo is supposed to be is all bubblegummed up. Ya know... the little things like reliable and consitant accuracy. ;)

If FTF's and wild MOA's are common place, because you always buy the cheapest crud you can lay hands on... maybe it really IS, relatively, "good"(??)

I'm over it.👍

I had a few Failure to fires from a case of Remington shotgun shells and I never bought Remington again..
I have shot off a few boxes of Remington bulk 22 (and probably a bulk bucket or two) and no FTF and also a pack of 10mm I got for free and it was all good. But still.. Why would I risk it when federal and winch and etc have NEVER failed me. Instances Like this and they just go on my no buy list forever.

Why would I risk it when federal and winch and etc have NEVER failed me. Instances Like this and they just go on my no buy list forever.
☝️This.

Everyone is different, but I;m happy to pay a slight upcharge for reliability and accuracy, even on paper. Life is too short at my age to waste time futzing with lazy ammo with a bad attitude.

That said, I typically only buy ammo on exceptional deals and stack it DEEP. During times like we've seen recently, that makes it so you can still keep your training current on.. ie., $.23/rd 5.56, $.04/rd .22 MM's, etc. That doesn't last indefinately, but it does allow you time to ride out a temporary ammo famine/price gouge period and restock it deepER again at the "new normal" when the crisis period has passed.

It's all relative though. Stay in the game long enough stocking up and 10-15yrs from now people will be bragging about still shooting on $.49/rd 5.56 and $.08/rd .22, right!?;)

YMMV

Last Edited:
1662734542562.png

Aloha, Mark

I've only tried the 12ga mini shells when they first came out, but not since, at that time had no issues.
As far as the smell goes, does it smell like burned urine? Back in the seventies we were advised to smell first before you buy leather goods especially from Tijuana as it was likely tanned with urine, never losing that smell!
Maybe ammo made by the same folks. :rolleyes:

Re Aguila 22 rimfire:
Never a problem for me with
their SV 'Super Extra', Pistol Match or Rifle Match. Thousands downrange of precrisis era with zero complaint. If you want truly abysmal 22 ammo, seek out some 80s era Russian "Jr" to gain perspective on which direction lies the bottom of the barrel.

I shoot Aguila in my center fire pistols and revolvers strictly as range fodder. Usually ok. Maybe a dud or two in a box of 50. I have a pretty good stash of various Aguila .22 LR offerings and have not had any problems at all. Actually seem a little hotter than most of the domestic offerings. I have not noticed a smell with either center fire or rim fire ... but the indoor range where I shoot has a +P ventilation system, ha ha. There is usually a pretty good breeze blowing through there. :s0017:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top