Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

aero precision upper

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by OR_VARMINT_HUNTER, Oct 14, 2011.

1. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

OR_VARMINT_HUNTER Banks,OREGON Member

Any one know any thing about aero precision upper receivers? And if so tell me about them.

2. Bigbaddude

Bigbaddude West linn Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I use a Aero upper and a Spike lower and they match up good.I have had no problems at all but what do I know it's the only AR that I have owned and built.

3. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

OR_VARMINT_HUNTER Banks,OREGON Member

What other companys r putting there name on there stuff do u know?

4. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

More than a couple.

I havr 2 uppers and lowers. Both nice tight and well machined. Fit better than some of my friends' more expensive options

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

The Aero Precision upper is forged 7075, typical milspec upper. Surplus ammo, PSA, and several other well known brands use AP for uppers and lowers. I have two and they are gtg, fit and finish is great.

6. driftin

driftin Wilsonville Member

Ditto on that, I have had several and would buy more. Nice price as well.

7. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

I had a built Aero Precision AR and it was great! Too bad, I got rid of it....

8. 74sporty

74sporty metro portland Active Member

aero precision is an aerospace manufacturer with top notch quality control that must satisfy faa regulations. most, but not all of the ar manufacturers in the nw are pretty reputable from what i see and here. best thing to do is to buy the upper and lower together to see how tight the fit is

9. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

AP certainly holds to the spec with tight tolerances. With different AP lowers I have used A Arms, Mega billet, Bushmaster, Colt and Noveske uppers and the fit has always been very good, not to tight, not to loose. The 23&p allows a .020 gap between upper and lower at the parting line and the AP stuff is around a .010 gap.

10. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

I have used their lowers with excellent results. I would be interested in an upper just to have a complete AP rifle! I have never seen any ads with an AP upper for sale.