JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This might be considered mental masturbation (it's SAFE, though!), because I already have one, but I would like everyone's thoughts on Aero's products. Just for reference, I have an Atlas carbine in 300 AAC, but let not my rifle be the subject of this thread.

Thanks, everyone, in advance.

I've used Aero Precision uppers and lowers on my builds and they are great. I would use them again. No experience with their other parts or assembled rifles. I wouldn't have any reservations buying AP.

I would go as far to refer to Aero Precision as "top shelf"... they're also a PNW based company, so that's awesome.

I do try to use local/regional parts where I can, and that was a deciding factor for using their parts. I also have to say that the polygon rifled Black Hole barrels I used (made in St Helens) are excellent and very accurate.

I do try to use local/regional parts where I can, and that was a deciding factor for using their parts. I also have to say that the polygon rifled Black Hole barrels I used (made in St Helens) are excellent and very accurate.
Location was a deciding factor with me, as well. Now I'm curious...is that polygon barrel info at Aero? Still in production? Looking up...

Location was a deciding factor with me, as well. Now I'm curious...is that polygon barrel info at Aero? Still in production? Looking up...

They are separate companies. Black Hole Weaponry is now Columbia River Arms and they still make those great barrels: Columbia River Arms - Configure Your Custom Barrel

You can choose length, twist, contour, gas length, fluting, etc. and they will make to order. Some common ones they keep in stock.

They are separate companies. Black Hole Weaponry is now Columbia River Arms and they still make those great barrels: Columbia River Arms - Configure Your Custom Barrel

You can choose length, twist, contour, gas length, fluting, etc. and they will make to order. Some common ones they keep in stock.

Zero fraks given for local, I'll take know quality over an address any day of the week. I am not pointing any fingers or making any calls here just making a general statement.

Zero fraks given for local, I'll take know quality over an address any day of the week. I am not pointing any fingers or making any calls here just making a general statement.

The quality is there. I won't compromise on that. If I can pick two otherwise equal parts I will buy the local one.

+1 for Aero, never had any issues, and they do make some very nice parts, like Stomper said, I would also consider them top shelf!
Gonna have to look into those barrels, thanks @3M-TA3, gotta project on the planning stage!

+1 for Aero, never had any issues, and they do make some very nice parts, like Stomper said, I would also consider them top shelf!
Gonna have to look into those barrels, thanks @3M-TA3, gotta project on the planning stage!

IIRC they only make them in SS an then Nitride treat them. I wish they also did 4150 CMV.

I love Aero Precision's products- very good quality, features that separate their brand from the rest, and of course, made in the PNW. I'm on my second complete Aero build, and I don't see why my future AR-15 builds won't use Aero receivers, BCGs, Ballistic Advantage barrels, and other parts.
11-4-17 FDE stock swap_001.jpg
Radical Aero_004.jpg
014_ASC.jpg
Geno

The Hanson profile barrels with the pinned gas block is a home run in my book. Eliminates costly and time consuming procedures for those that want a pinned low profile gas block. Those same barrels are very accurate, attractively finished, and expertly crafted.....well worth the money spent.
The AP logo, on the other hand, looks cheesy. I wish it wasn't so large and cartoonish, it nearly takes up the whole port side of the magwell. Maybe they could make it smaller like their older Gen1 recievers. There are the "Ghost Gun" receivers that omit the logo, so I try to buy those when i find them. There is also a new run of "Freedom" receivers that omit the AP logo and instead have the U.S. flag engraved on the magwell.
Quality it quite good at a very great price. All my Anderson stuff was ill-fitting garbage with uneven finishes. Those are all gone, give me AP all day long for $60 recievers.

The Hanson profile barrels with the pinned gas block is a home run in my book. Eliminates costly and time consuming procedures for those that want a pinned low profile gas block. Those same barrels are very accurate, attractively finished, and expertly crafted.....well worth the money spent.
The AP logo, on the other hand, looks cheesy. I wish it wasn't so large and cartoonish, it nearly takes up the whole port side of the magwell. Maybe they could make it smaller like their older Gen1 recievers. There are the "Ghost Gun" receivers that omit the logo, so I try to buy those when i find them. There is also a new run of "Freedom" receivers that omit the AP logo and instead have the U.S. flag engraved on the magwell.
Quality it quite good at a very great price. All my Anderson stuff was ill-fitting garbage with uneven finishes. Those are all gone, give me AP all day long for $60 recievers.

Things have certainly changed from my last AR, an AR15A2. A Colt, I believe, it's been a long time. Aero is said to be "middle-of-the-road," yet it's quality. And these new AR's have become modular, which allows a great range of adjustability. I'm certainly impressed with mine. No bells and whistles, except for the stock, which has that same modular concept. The draw for me was the caliber...300AAC. I have been waiting for something like that for the last thirty or so years, and found out it has been around for a few of those years, so it's relatively established. I was able to tailor mine, and that's definitely a positive in deciding to buy AP. For what you get, it's definitely worth the price tag, I agree.

We stock and sell a ton of their products. We don't get returns or complaints. Their customer service is some of the best around, they have next day shipped a $2 part to me because they forgot to send it with my package. They are our top selling AR lower brand. They also actively support Veterans organizations (see attached, they donated $10,000 of rifles for our Mission22 benefit, the Multigun Performance Challenge). Quality. Service. Community. Hard to beat that.

Raffle flyer 3 rifle 2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top