JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a aero 308 16" barrel and lower, shoots perfect without the suppressor. With my rugged radiant brass gets chewed up, out of a 100 rounds had a couple failure to ejects and a couple brass caught in the ejector causing it to mangle the round. Factory rifle for the most part, non adjustable gas block, shooting 168 gr smk's with 42 gr IMR 4064. Any ideas on a buffer and spring fix or do I need to add a adjustable gas block. Think the bcg is going to fast, using the can with a 556 or 300 blackout shooting supers or heavy subs no issues. Frustrating any thoughts would be appreciated!

What is your buffer length and weight? An AGB or other type of gas regulation will definitely help. If you intend on shooting suppressed and unsuppressed and want to be able to quickly change gas settings, there are designs tailored for that.

What is your buffer length and weight? An AGB or other type of gas regulation will definitely help. If you intend on shooting suppressed and unsuppressed and want to be able to quickly change gas settings, there are designs tailored for that.
Carbine length, H buffer. This is more of a bench gun plan on shooting suppressed most of the time. So people don't complain about the noise which happened the other day at the range, granted their guns were just as loud.

Carbine length, H buffer.
So It's a 3.25" long buffer (AR-15 carbine)? If so, you're running an A5 length receiver extension or a UBR Gen2. I would bump the buffer up to a H3. That's the standard for LMT, Noveske and ArmaLite 308/7.62 carbines. Knights SR-25 does uses the H2 though. Also, KAK (and others) sell a configurable AR-15 carbine buffer kit that you assemble to your weight specification so you can tune your buffer weight.

So It's a 3.25" long buffer (AR-15 carbine)? If so, you're running an A5 length receiver extension or a UBR Gen2. I would bump the buffer up to a H3. That's the standard for LMT, Noveske and ArmaLite 308/7.62 carbines. Knights SR-25 does uses the H2 though. Also, KAK (and others) sell a configurable AR-15 carbine buffer kit that you assemble to your weight specification so you can tune your buffer weight.
These are the specs. Bought a Aero complete lower before upper was in stock.

• M5 (.308) Lower Receiver
  • Magpul MOE Grip
  • Lower parts kit
  • Receiver extension
  • .308 carbine buffer and spring

These are the specs. Bought a Aero complete lower before upper was in stock.

• M5 (.308) Lower Receiver
  • Magpul MOE Grip
  • Lower parts kit
  • Receiver extension
  • .308 carbine buffer and spring
You should measure your buffer length to confirm. 308 carbine buffers are 2.5" long and are measured by actually weight, and not "H, H2, H3". 308 carbine buffers are used in a standard AR-15 carbine length receiver extension. If yours is from Aero, it's 3.8oz. Many consider that too light, even for unsuppressed use, and prefer the mid-5oz range.

You should measure your buffer length to confirm. 308 carbine buffers are 2.5" long and are measured by actually weight, and not "H, H2, H3". 308 carbine buffers are used in a standard AR-15 carbine length receiver extension. If yours is from Aero, it's 3.8oz. Many consider that too light, even for unsuppressed use, and prefer the mid-5oz range.
It's Aero.

I'd start by getting one or two heavier buffer sizes and seeing if it tames it a bit.

I use a sprinco orange and 5.3oz buffer in mine. Definitely slowed the bolt down way down, though at the price you'd pay for both at this point, an adjustable gas block may be your better choice

I can't say it enough, the Superlative Arms AGB with the ability to vent off excess gas will negate 99% of problems despite buffer/ spring combo.

I have an upper in 7.62 with one. Gas hole is drilled out to 1.0 and I'm running delrin ultralight buffer and reduced power buffer spring. Recoil impulse is like a .223.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top