JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems like these would be pretty handy for longer range shooting...esp if you don't have a good spot scope. Can anyone make recomendations on one that does not break the bank? Pros/Cons?
Maybe an earlier thread out there? Thanx

Put Target Camera in the search field (Upper Right) of our page. I did see a fair amount of content. Should get you some info while you wait to hear from others w/ more knowledge then I on the subject.

Seems like these would be pretty handy for longer range shooting...esp if you don't have a good spot scope. Can anyone make recomendations on one that does not break the bank? Pros/Cons?
I would just get one of these Simmons 20-60x spotting scopes. Cabelas had them on sale for $50ish dollars not that long ago when I bought mine.

Image quality is just as good as any of the $300-$600 scopes and build quality is as good as the lower end Vortex or Nikon. I have set it up for bird watching and poeple can't believe the image quality from these inexpensive scopes.

Simmons 20-60x60 Spotting Scope Review [ProSport with Angled Body]

20x is excellent
40x is good and better than lower end vortex or Nikon that I have owned.
60x is pretty much unusable (which is to be expected imo)

If u really do need a camera I would go with the canon sx730hs which has 960mm reach (roughly equivalent to a 20x spotting scope) and fits in ur pocket. Refurbs cost $200. Here are a few pics with it I took. Eagle was about 400-500 feet away.
7933E167-B216-45AC-A015-B4F4D0F2A4B9.jpeg
2D7BFCAB-6AAC-4E1C-A10B-DAF03AD0C9DC.jpeg
83004C97-2316-4DEA-9432-98CE6C778D80.jpeg
This is the size of the camera. Lcd might be hard to view in sun though but it does flip upwards fwiw
1E5E1CA6-A752-4DF3-BBE2-EC4C5CDF0415.jpeg EF3087B3-C251-4982-B324-483AF98E1B27.jpeg

Last Edited:
Also one thing u can do with a small camera is get an $18 "digiscoping" mount which lets it mount to ur scope. Probably not useful for target I dunno. I use the scope mount just for fun.

Here is a pic of an IR flashlight and a scope mount. I have removed the infrared filter on the camera (camera not shown in pic below). U can remove the Ir filter from any canon point and shoot pretty easily, including from $5 goodwill or $30 eBay ones. Removing the infrared filter and using an IR flashlight gives u night vision in total darkness (doesn't use ambient light). Plus the IR light is invisible to humans and animals, so the only light emitted is from the camera's lcd on the back.

D7450395-FFA2-4FA4-8009-397647D5F50E.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads