JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I after my forth call to Crimson Trace hoping for a grip for my 22/45 mark III, I contacted Ruger about my 22/45 and I found that the frame size and design is exact to the Colt 1911, so I bought a full size Crimson Trace 401 laser. I found that the laser is just like all the other products they make, excellent. Ruger said any 1911 grip will fit as long as you have one that is an RP model (replacement panels), mine was. When the laser arrived yesterday I could not wait to try it. Just two things had to be done to make the laser fit. I had to take a drywall knife and slightly scrape a little more than 1/16" off the grip around the bolt release lever. That was all that had to be done for the grip to fix perfectly. Crimsom Trace also has two plastic panels that fit between the frame and the grip to insulate the battery from the frame, but since the frame is a polymer build I did not think it was necessary, but I installed them anyway. Again I had to trim the one plastic panel with a pair of scissors and that was it. After I wrapped the grips around the frame it fit perfect. The screws are a little short but they do work and that was it. The pistol IMHO feels better with the new grips then it did with factory one's. I took it out and sighted it in and had a blast the rest of the day (no pun intended). Here are some pictures.
IMAG1961.jpg
IMAG1964.jpg
IMAG1965.jpg
IMAG1959.jpg
IMAG1963.jpg

IMAG1961.jpg

IMAG1964.jpg

IMAG1965.jpg

IMAG1959.jpg

IMAG1963.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crimson trace specific to the Mark III is model LG403. No trimming required, it has the indent for the release. I have one installed on a Volquartson frame; nice grip.

The Crimson trace specific to the Mark III is model LG403. No trimming required, it has the indent for the release. I have one installed on a Volquartson frame; nice grip.

This is not the same pistol frame Noisy, yours is for a Mark III not a Mark III 22/45. Here is your pistol with the LG403.

Ruger Mark III LG403.jpg

This is my Ruger Mark III 22/45 frame with the LG-401.

Ruger Mark III LG403.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads