JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm starting to hit the target better, averaging about 39 pts on my third day. The issue I am really dealing with is not being able to expand my hand to hold the trigger guard AND pull the trigger, as well as lack of mobility in my hand. I can not, with my wrists/hands, turn them over flat which makes me unable to hold the forestock. However, using the brick and beanbag (or whatever it is) to hold steady. It's getting better the more I make it out there.

I'm starting to hit the target better, averaging about 39 pts on my third day. The issue I am really dealing with is not being able to expand my hand to hold the trigger guard AND pull the trigger, as well as lack of mobility in my hand. I can not, with my wrists/hands, turn them over flat which makes me unable to hold the forestock. However, using the brick and beanbag (or whatever it is) to hold steady. It's getting better the more I make it out there.
That's progress, period. Nobody gets better without practice. I find that if I set attainable goals, ones that can be understood and accomplished with time, I make real progress. No one accomplishes grandiose goals like "I'm going to be the best marksman, ever" but they can spend a half hour practicing focused breath control. Keep up the good work!

Last Edited:
Ever see the Champ Shooter Hunter Cayll who has no hands? Proof that any one CAN do any thing if you put in the time and the will power, and tell the world that YOU CAN, and YOU WILL! Great job in getting your self active in the shooting sports and I applaud your efforts to learning and growing despite a few hickups. No one ever gets good at any thing just by wishing, and You have experienced this your self many times I bet! You sir are an inspiration and I offer my best wishes for your continued success in every thing!

@E Moore I spent two and a half years during my pre-med degree working in prosthetics at the VA. My firearms experience extends considerably further than that. I'd be happy to help you design, build, and test anything you can come up with that will help you shoot.

Great Offer OregonQuartermaster! Me thinks some sort of Rifle mount that holds really steady but allows easy adjustment would be a real asset. I also think ease of access to a mount/rest is critical! Let me know if you need any assistance!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top