JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Adapting is the key to survival...
The sad thing is most folks now day have no clue how to think out side the box and do something like in the vid.
Most do not even know how to change a flat much less survive.

how can it be stolen if its been abandoned, with no claims to it?

Because people don't abandon their cars in the bush. That's littering. Thieves steal cars and run drugs / joy ride / use as get-away / etc... and then abandon them in the bush as they don't care about littering.

Either the original owner has claim or their insurance does. That's how titled property works.

And you are no fun at all :p

Someone dumped a 16-18' open bow boat over the hillside just down the road. It's been there for years and the local Sheriff did nothing when we turned it in. It's close to Longview Fibers property line and ours. Now it's someone else's pile of fiberglass to deal with, after it get winched up to the road. Some people really suck. :mad:

You would be surprised at how often people abandon things due to small issues. The thousands of cars left on property all over US in fields, in barns, or the woods.... not to mention how many houses are "abandoned" by owners....

That's silly. Owner of said property can begin charging storage for the abandoned property and seek payment from the last title holder if that title was not properly transferred. A worthless heap could bring thousands in fees. Yeah, maybe they won't collect but then again maybe they will.

And you're being argumentative and still no fun at all. Like there's no stolen abandoned vehicles out in the bush or something....

:D:D:D

but we digress.... this is the survival forum and the point of the original post was being clever, improvising materials at hand to get a heap running.... even if only long enough to drive out of the camera's field of view :s0112:

Necessity is the mother of invention. Above is how they used to play the blues.

If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen. I've made auto parts out of plumbing supplies, garden hoses, parts of washing machines, wire coat hangers, glue, tape, and whatever I could find.

One time I mounted an alternator using one of those clamps that goes on a dryer vent, until I could get the right part.

Last Edited:
My point is.. we shouldnt automatically assume something left in the bush or the woods are aways stolen/used in crimes :rolleyes: do you know for sure that the property these guys were on belonged to them/their landlord? Maybe their landlord asked them to find a way to get either vehicle off to take to a proper junkyard or chop shop? Just outside Albany area between Albany and Suver is a property that has junk, cars and such on it.. house burned down but the owners still live on the property in a trailer. They technically own everything on their property but they havent done anything meaningful with them. Thats just one example. Another is that there is a house or two that looks abandoned(lights never on, no one on porch or in windows) but the yards are always trimmed... perhaps its just abandoned for a newer house on the same property.... who knows?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top