JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I picked up an older used dillon rl450 that was missing the inner and outer priming tubes. After ridicule and harrassment from "in the know" dillon owners who seem to feel everyone needs to do as they say, I adapted what I have. Rather than buy a new priming system, or buy a bunch more parts that only work on my one dillon, I made a bushing to use the RCBS tubes from my rockchucker.

I used aluminum round rod turned to .500in and 1in long. Single point cut 1/2-20 threads 0.8in long. I then drilled using a 5/16in drill bit followed by an O drill bit. The bushing was then parted off at 0.8in long and the ends debured. RCBS priming tubes now fit just like on the rockchucker and I dont have to buy any more parts. Same tubes for both systems.

I realize many folks will object, but others may find it useful. 20181008_121948.jpg 20181008_091303.jpg

I'm in the process of designing my own "strong mount" for my needs. I have access to mastercam, for 3d modeling and 2d pattern making, as well as a waterjet. I may eventually add images of that setup as well. I haven't been happy with what I see available. Just doesn't fit "what I want." Since the rockchucker and 450 will reside next to each other, using the same primer tubes made sense. Also takes up less space (my reloading area is in the bedroom...girlfriend isnt impressed, but is understanding).

Xlsbob is a stand up individual. Powder drop arrived in great shape. It's not often someone "pays it forward" to me, and I'm extremely grateful. Thank you, bob.

I will be posting a few more pictures of the mounting system for trays, when I have the swing arm mount secured.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews