JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well it depends. For a 250yd squirrel killer you might be interested in a varminting AR that has a 24" heavy barrel with a .223 chamber and a slow twist rate like 1:12 or something for the really light varminting bullets. I don't know who makes the best varminting barrels but google around or ask on ar15.com.

For a special precision rifle, (600-800yd man-sized silhouette shooting, hi power/sniper matches) you probably want something like an 18" stainless barrel with a 5.56 NATO chamber and 1:7 or 1:8 twist rate. Noveske is my favorite SPR barrel maker.

Either one will give you nice sub-moa groups but the squirrel one specializes in 50gr or lighter .223 remington rounds while the SPR one specializes in 55-80gr 5.56 NATO.

If you want a semi-auto squirrel rifle then go with an AR-15 with a .204 Ruger Heavy barrel and you can pop squirrels out to 400 yards all day long. The .204 Ruger shoots flatter than the .223 does. Also I'd suggest a 39gr bullet. Captqc

If you want a semi-auto squirrel rifle then go with an AR-15 with a .204 Ruger Heavy barrel and you can pop squirrels out to 400 yards all day long. The .204 Ruger shoots flatter than the .223 does. Also I'd suggest a 39gr bullet. Captqc

Oh, I saw one of those at the range last weekend. I saw the brass on the ground and was like "what the...?" It's just close enough to looking like .223 that you question your eyeballs. :s0114:

Sounded weird when the guy was shootin' it too, but I figured that was just cuz the AR he was shooting had no flash hider or threaded barrel.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top