JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well it depends. For a 250yd squirrel killer you might be interested in a varminting AR that has a 24" heavy barrel with a .223 chamber and a slow twist rate like 1:12 or something for the really light varminting bullets. I don't know who makes the best varminting barrels but google around or ask on ar15.com.

For a special precision rifle, (600-800yd man-sized silhouette shooting, hi power/sniper matches) you probably want something like an 18" stainless barrel with a 5.56 NATO chamber and 1:7 or 1:8 twist rate. Noveske is my favorite SPR barrel maker.

Either one will give you nice sub-moa groups but the squirrel one specializes in 50gr or lighter .223 remington rounds while the SPR one specializes in 55-80gr 5.56 NATO.

If you want a semi-auto squirrel rifle then go with an AR-15 with a .204 Ruger Heavy barrel and you can pop squirrels out to 400 yards all day long. The .204 Ruger shoots flatter than the .223 does. Also I'd suggest a 39gr bullet. Captqc

If you want a semi-auto squirrel rifle then go with an AR-15 with a .204 Ruger Heavy barrel and you can pop squirrels out to 400 yards all day long. The .204 Ruger shoots flatter than the .223 does. Also I'd suggest a 39gr bullet. Captqc

Oh, I saw one of those at the range last weekend. I saw the brass on the ground and was like "what the...?" It's just close enough to looking like .223 that you question your eyeballs. :s0114:

Sounded weird when the guy was shootin' it too, but I figured that was just cuz the AR he was shooting had no flash hider or threaded barrel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top