JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is anyone else using an A5 system?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Have been thinking of checking it out but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • What the hell is an A5 system?

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
sounds real nice.
believe it or not all my AR's are rifle gas, rifle buffer other than one with a pistol length gas.

I put a Krink style break on it and man that thing shucked way hard.....like I couldn't reload the brass hard, about beat in the aft section of the ejection port in not even slightly kissing the brass deflector . the cam was even chiseling away at the transition between its in battery resting spot and the channel it travels while cycling
Long story short I didn't want to get rid of the Kumma I ended up with an H3 and a Wolff XP spring and now its much better and still cycles my weakest reloads

my son is right in the middle of a carbine build maybe we'll look into the A5 system

I have been wanting a collapsible stock on one of my 18" but am shy to get away from a rifle buffer but this sounds like a good compromise for a rifle gas with a collapsible stock
The stock itself looks nice too

I'm planning on building (at least) 2 SBR's. I've got a JP Silent captured spring and the A5 system ready for them. One will be the range/match/fun with the JP spring, adjustable gas block, etc. The other, SHTF SBR, will have the A5 buffer system. I don't really see any downside to using the A5 system. The ~1" delta in LOP won't be an issue for me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top