JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is anyone else using an A5 system?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Have been thinking of checking it out but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • What the hell is an A5 system?

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
sounds real nice.
believe it or not all my AR's are rifle gas, rifle buffer other than one with a pistol length gas.

I put a Krink style break on it and man that thing shucked way hard.....like I couldn't reload the brass hard, about beat in the aft section of the ejection port in not even slightly kissing the brass deflector . the cam was even chiseling away at the transition between its in battery resting spot and the channel it travels while cycling
Long story short I didn't want to get rid of the Kumma I ended up with an H3 and a Wolff XP spring and now its much better and still cycles my weakest reloads

my son is right in the middle of a carbine build maybe we'll look into the A5 system

I have been wanting a collapsible stock on one of my 18" but am shy to get away from a rifle buffer but this sounds like a good compromise for a rifle gas with a collapsible stock
The stock itself looks nice too

I'm planning on building (at least) 2 SBR's. I've got a JP Silent captured spring and the A5 system ready for them. One will be the range/match/fun with the JP spring, adjustable gas block, etc. The other, SHTF SBR, will have the A5 buffer system. I don't really see any downside to using the A5 system. The ~1" delta in LOP won't be an issue for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top