Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A5 system

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by titsonritz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

over and out

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

I like it, just not sure what it really brings to the table.....not researched to details but I know its heavy on the buffer

3. oli700

sounds real nice.
    believe it or not all my AR's are rifle gas, rifle buffer other than one with a pistol length gas.

I put a Krink style break on it and man that thing shucked way hard.....like I couldn't reload the brass hard, about beat in the aft section of the ejection port in not even slightly kissing the brass deflector . the cam was even chiseling away at the transition between its in battery resting spot and the channel it travels while cycling
    Long story short I didn't want to get rid of the Kumma I ended up with an H3 and a Wolff XP spring and now its much better and still cycles my weakest reloads

my son is right in the middle of a carbine build maybe we'll look into the A5 system

4. oli700

I have been wanting a collapsible stock on one of my 18" but am shy to get away from a rifle buffer but this sounds like a good compromise for a rifle gas with a collapsible stock
    The stock itself looks nice too

5. oli700

copy, thanks

6. SPHBS

SPHBS Portland Active Member

I'm planning on building (at least) 2 SBR's. I've got a JP Silent captured spring and the A5 system ready for them. One will be the range/match/fun with the JP spring, adjustable gas block, etc. The other, SHTF SBR, will have the A5 buffer system. I don't really see any downside to using the A5 system. The ~1" delta in LOP won't be an issue for me.