JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
*edited for clarity

odd my email version says this,
thanks for the bash BTW :D

> Misterbill has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - A Trojan Horse for gun rights? - in the Legal and Political forum of Northwest Firearms Community.
>
> THIS IS AN AUTOMATED NOTIFICATION - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
>
> This thread is located at:
> http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/67827-trojan-horse-gun-rights-new-post.html
>
> Here is the message that has just been posted:
> ***************
>
> ---Quote (Originally by saxon)---
> tell that to the confedirate states that had fediral law shoved down thier throat.
> oddly enough lincolin first argued the same thing you did and then recanted and forced fediral law onto each state
> ---End Quote---
>
> Considering that you can't even spell "confederate," "federal" or "Lincoln," you'll pardon me all to Heck if I don't see why your opinion on an event having nothing to do with the tenth amendment as it it's written and currently interpreted as being relevant.
> ***************
>

Well, the New York Times is against the CCW reciporocity bill, so it must be a bad idea.

Here's my take:

NY Times' anti-gun extremism threatens its relevancy

<broken link removed>

UPDATE:
I TALK ABOUT the new CPL numbers for WA state in here, near the bottom. We outnumber the cranks at Washington CeaseFire at least 69:1.

BREAKING: Audio uncovered about 3rd Terry crime scene rifle

<broken link removed>

I think the anti-gun establishment is very concerned that this Bill will finally pass both the House and Senate. I am seeing posts on a very large number of websites and forums suggesting that H.R. 822 is a Trojan Horse. Surprisingly these posts all have unique similarities and they all have the same false and misleading statements. If you read them carefully, you will see that they all come from the same source. That source seems to be “The National Association for Gun Rights”, which has been called a scam online but now appears to also be a shill for the anti-gun groups. With all the false information and dirty tricks being done by the anti-gun lobby, I believe that these Trojan Horse postings are a false flag blitz by the anti-gun groups as a ploy to get people to lobby against H.R. 822. Don't let them fool you! For my part, I am going to stick with the NRA on this one. I will continue to support passage and fight like **** against any changes to H.R. 822.

“ . . . THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”
“shall not be infringed” does not give (or reserve to) the States the power to infringe; instead it specifically DENIES the Federal Government AND the States that power. “THE POWERS NOT DELEGATED TO THE UNITED STATES BY THE CONSTITUTION, NOR PROHIBITED BY IT TO THE STATES, ARE RESERVED TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY, OR TO THE PEOPLE.” The RIGHT (and the power) to “keep and bear arms” belongs to (and is reserved to) the people.

This is not an issue of States' rights but rather is an issue of the Federal Government fulfilling its obligations to prevent States from denying citizens' US Constitutional rights!

Below are the relevant sections of the US Constitution:

The United States Constitution
Article IV - The States
Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
Article VI - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths
&#903; &#903; &#903;
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
[The Speaker of the House administers the oath of office as follows:
"I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."]
The Amendments
AMENDMENT II - Ratified 12/15/1791.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
AMENDMENT X - Ratified 12/15/1791.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
AMENDMENT XIV - Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
&#903; &#903; &#903;
Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

" . . . THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
"shall not be infringed" does not give (or reserve to) the States the power to infringe; instead it specifically DENIES the Federal Government AND the States that power."

Enough said and exactly what I think.

&ldquo; . . . THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED&rdquo;
&ldquo;shall not be infringed&rdquo; does not give (or reserve to) the States the power to infringe; instead it specifically DENIES the Federal Government AND the States that power."

Enough said and exactly what I think.

Many of our representatives have repeatedly violated various parts of the Constitution including the 2nd Amendment. They need to held accountable by their constituents or the courts. They won't remove themselves for violating their oath of office.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top