JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've attended military training courses that have said similiar but if you followed them my friends would be DEAD right now. Breaking the rules & laws will keep the righteous alive as easily as if you followed them & helped them die.

My friend, it's not the same bubblegum. For one, we are talking about a building with hundreds of friendlies and one or few hostiles. Second, we are talking United States, not a foreign war theater. If you risk and prevail, I will applaud you. If you try and fail, I will convict you.

Good luck with that. Whats a friendly when you are at war? & im talking 'United States'. Not "foreign war theater' douche bag. If You think you are special you are a lost abortion. (liberal)

Sheesh. What are you ... kindergarten? Thanks for probably getting the thread closed.

I sure as hell wish i was "kindergarten" & had the means and know how that i do now & saw some sh1t bag hurt my friends. At least someone would not do a "I don't know about you guys but the training I've been through says you don't try to clear your own home without backup." In that school. Get sum pussy's

It happened just not so long ago - some guy shot his son because he thought one was a burglar. Even with so much simpler scenario of one's own home, when one is aware of who should be there and where, bubblegum still happens.

http://chicagoist.com/2012/10/09/man_shot_and_killed_son_he_thought.php

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/dad_nightmare_I6dmAJoMfx0ufI5Qq1AVZN

I sure as hell wish i was "kindergarten" & had the means and know how that i do now & saw some sh1t bag hurt my friends. At least someone would not do a "I don't know about you guys but the training I've been through says you don't try to clear your own home without backup." In that school. Get sum pussy's

:confused: And on the ignore list you go. There isn't a logical thought anywhere near your brain.

bubblegum still happens? If you're a true marine you would already know that even with the worse out there, you can make it how its made & you have made it Sh!tty at the very least.

Be proud be a Marine. And I am not joking. All Deserve to die to say otherwise

I hope when you wake up tomorrow you go back and read your posts you made tonight. Your thoughts lack intelligence and logic tonight and are frankly embarrasing for anyone let alone someone claiming to be a proud Marine.

Stand down, hit the rack.

You also need to look at the deterrent factor. You don't get common active shooter at , police stations, airports or anywhere else that these active shooter KNOW they will be meet with resistance . Why? Because they are not there to just die first. They are they to kill first and take life . That's why active shooters choose places that are KNOWN to have no upfront resistance , like schools, movie theaters , malls, ect ect. So by allowing this they are letting everyone know , including future active shooters, that this school is no longer one of those places. And with the common knowledge that they will be meet with resistance at that school, there focus will shift elsewhere , as they want to kill before dying , and that school would no longer offer that guarantee. Just saying , think about it :)

I tell people this all the time when we get into discussions about firearms. It seems like common sense, but as we all know, common sense........... isn't.

So you are a willing teacher who has the training. There is an active shooter at your school which has multiple buildings. Do you leave your classroom when a lockdown is announced? Do you actively seek out the shooter alone?

I don't know about you guys but the training I've been through says you don't try to clear your own home without backup. My training told me you let the shooter come to you. At a school it would be easy to stumble upon the shooter. I think it was the Virginia Tech shooting where there was video of folks stumbling into the area of the shooter.

For a teacher to be trained up to a standard and mindset to respond to an active shooter by turning into a hunter seems like a bad thing waiting to happen. Cops show up and see a person creeping around school with a gun ... its you and you are suddenly caught beween shooter who sees you and cops who don't know you or where the shooter is.
No I'm not a teacher, I am a railroader and what special training do you think is required to protect yourself and the kids in your classroom, I'm not advocating turning all teachers into hunter killer teams and going all delta force on someone who has gained access to a school and by no means am I saying it should be required for all teachers to carry but those who are comfortable with firearms I say go for it. I spent years learning and practicing building clearing and urban combat and yes one two or even three armed attackers is a real big problem, being barricaded in a school room gives you the teacher the tactical advantage, bad guy tries to come through you door, DEAD BAD GUY. and I can say that with all certainty, my squad and I were doing a training exercise mind you me and four other men in a urban combat training where we held a small two bedroom house for six hours against two full strength company's of men trying to attack, psychotic individual's going into anywhere that is public and shooting people generally will have less training than those who chose to carry and protect themselves, they go from class to class and pick off the easy targets or they are there for a specific person or teacher. I don't believe there to be a easy fix for this problem and if your not comfortable carrying in a school then don't. Me I would rather carry a keep my kids huddled in a corner and die with a chance of saving them then not carry and die with my kids huddled in a corner and have no chance what so ever. Cops aren't the military nor are all cops SWAT and all towns and cities do not have a swat team, so now you have a bunch of patrol officers with more so than not as much or less shooting experience than you trying to clear a shooter situation. and Im sick and tired of everyone calling it a active shooter lets call them what they are. domestic terrorists. sorry for the rant. just MHO.

For a teacher to be trained up to a standard and mindset to respond to an active shooter by turning into a hunter seems like a bad thing waiting to happen. Cops show up and see a person creeping around school with a gun ... its you and you are suddenly caught beween shooter who sees you and cops who don't know you or where the shooter is.
No one is advocating for this training to happen in a vacuum.
No one is saying all teachers need to be capable. But some most certainly ARE, and they're being ignored.
No one is advocating for ALL teachers to undergo the "active defender" training.
But that doesn't mean they shouldn't have ANY training!
Where are the best defensible spaces?
Which is the easiest escape route to a defensible space?
What is the best temporary barrier that can be used to stop/impede bullets? Do the teachers know what that is?
Who/where is the closest active defender?

These are things EVERY teacher in EVERY school should know.

If the cops and the admin/teachers have trained together, there will be a recognition factor involved for the active defenders.
In addition, a recognizable vest could be stored with the gun, or in the active defender teacher/admin's desk that would differentiate the defender to the first responders.
A radio enabling the in-school defenders to communicate with each other AND first responders could also be made available.
There is no logical reason why these steps haven't already been implemented.

No one is advocating for creating rogue teachers with guns. We are talking about training for active shooter scenarios in much the same way, and involving many of the same types of people, that are involved in a school fire scenario.
The training for teachers and admin for fire scenarios has been VERY effective, and I see no reason why a handful of trained, armed school personnel wouldn't be equally so.
During the cold war we practiced "Drop Drills," or "Duck and Cover" drills, and teachers understood that they and we, did it as a means of self preservation.

So why are we in denial about the active shooter defense(s)?

In addition to the armed teachers there should be training for school nurses in trauma first aid, and a "trauma bag" of medical equipment and supplies made available.
We have defibrillators available in schools presently, why not trauma and compression bandages etc?
Are there NO ex corpsmen and/or medics working for school districts?

Someone on this forum pointed out that he HAS engaged in this type of training with the school(s) in his town.
Maybe he'll chime in, and explain what he has seen and done in his district.

Currently there is only single direction impetus for dealing with mass shooter tragedies, and NONE of it appears to realistically address the issue.
Everything I have seen and read is approaching the problem from the gun control side, which has turned it into an emotionally driven political issue rather than a practical one.
And I think most of us can agree, one that has little chance of working to any degree of effectiveness.
I would cite the Columbine incident, and the fact that the Hi-Cap ban and AWB were already in place at the time, as proof of my assertions.

I say teach gun control to small groups of teachers and administrators by teaching them to hit their targets.
Then teach the rest of school personnel the other aspects of protecting against disturbed individuals with guns, knives and baseball bats.

And take those damned "VICTIMS HERE" signs down!

So for those who are against teachers carrying guns at school let me ask this question. If one of the teachers at the recent tragedy had brought their gun to school that day illegally, and used it to shut the evil individual down, would you be scolding him/her right now or praising them as a hero??

Who says taking a gun to school in illegal, as far as I know a public building is a public building ! I know there are cases in court right now on this issue but nothing has been set in stone yet. You can legally carry in a school as long as its a public school not private and marked no weapons allowed.

Who says taking a gun to school in illegal, as far as I know a public building is a public building ! I know there are cases in court right now on this issue but nothing has been set in stone yet. You can legally carry in a school as long as its a public school not private and marked no weapons allowed.

I know lobbyist a few year ago here in Oregon tried to ban guns from public school. I think teacher carry here as I know some that do.
I think however this is very rare in other states or counties.

Makes no sense not to allow teachers to carry it and makes more sense to require it, after all they are responsible for our childs safety and if shootings are becoming more common in schools then technically schools need to do something to protect the children. I love a post elsewhere in the forum where they said no school fires in over 50 year yet they drill for that? There have been approx 30 school shooting in the last 10 years that 3 a year and three to many. guns-for-teacher.gif

RCW 9.41.280

Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities — Penalty — Exceptions.

(1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:

(a) Any firearm;

(b) Any other dangerous weapon as defined in RCW 9.41.250;

The exception to the rule:

(e) Any person in possession of a pistol who has been issued a license under RCW 9.41.070, or is exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060, while picking up or dropping off a student;

there is a new program that a State Representative by the name of Dennis Richarson has spearheaded called "Campus Responders".

True enough unless you're an employee of a school dsitrict who makes it a condition of your employment not to bring weapons on campus. A teacher in Medford did a court case on this and lost.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top