JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh Gosh dang, how I love Texans.. Wow.. defend our students? Carry guns to class?? Just a matter of times before the feds shut this one down.. A teacher blowing a way a bad guy would not be good media coverage and would go against the goodwill of the regime!

Let's let teachers teach and LEO's do LEO work or trained security folks provide that service.

When was the last time you guys tried to break up a good fight at a school? I don't want to do it now let alone have to worry about having a gun on me that could be possibly taken from me. Not only would willing teachers need to get up to speed on a decision making process, and have to meet shooting standards on par or better than LEO's, and then there is the whole weapons retention issue in a scuffle.

From a legal standpoint what happens if a teacher in good faith reponds to an Adam Lanza type but in the chaos manages to shoot an innocent person?

I am pretty sure guns on teachers isn't going to see the light of day in the vast majority of the country.

Let's let teachers teach and LEO's do LEO work or trained security folks provide that service.

When was the last time you guys tried to break up a good fight at a school? I don't want to do it now let alone have to worry about having a gun on me that could be possibly taken from me. Not only would willing teachers need to get up to speed on a decision making process, and have to meet shooting standards on par or better than LEO's, and then there is the whole weapons retention issue in a scuffle.

From a legal standpoint what happens if a teacher in good faith reponds to an Adam Lanza type but in the chaos manages to shoot an innocent person?

I am pretty sure guns on teachers isn't going to see the light of day in the vast majority of the country.

The point of armed individuals ( administrators, teachers, LEO, guards, trained volunteer parents ) in schools is to provide a very strong deterrent, where currently there is absolute assurance that no one will interrupt their evil doings. Since accuracy would be a prime concern, add an active shooter/hit the dirt drill to the others children practice for emergencies. Teamwork. Everyone has to protect the children with every possible tool and no reason for the children to not be a part of the solution. It has worked in other countries and can work here.

An armed society is a polite society.

Not only would willing teachers need to get up to speed on a decision making process, and have to meet shooting standards on par or better than LEO's, and then there is the whole weapons retention issue in a scuffle.

Well my friend I believe thought like yours is part of the problem. why you do think just because they are teachers they can not be proficient in shooting, threat assessment, target acquisition and the decision should I take the shot or not. Most LEO have never fired there service weapons anywhere other than a range and never will, and with several of my friends being LEO I am told most of them only shoot when its time to re qualify with there side arms, I would think that school in TX has very strict policy on who may carry and who may not. The trained security folks did a lot of good in the mall out in Clackamas didn't they ! Fact is most (trained security persons) are only armed with a big flashlight and if there lucky a small can of mace. The principle is 100% on target, the teachers are the first responders ! Now its only speculation but had the principle at sandy hook been armed she may well have stopped the this tragedy with minimal loss ! But that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to there own

You also need to look at the deterrent factor. You don't get common active shooter at , police stations, airports or anywhere else that these active shooter KNOW they will be meet with resistance . Why? Because they are not there to just die first. They are they to kill first and take life . That's why active shooters choose places that are KNOWN to have no upfront resistance , like schools, movie theaters , malls, ect ect. So by allowing this they are letting everyone know , including future active shooters, that this school is no longer one of those places. And with the common knowledge that they will be meet with resistance at that school, there focus will shift elsewhere , as they want to kill before dying , and that school would no longer offer that guarantee. Just saying , think about it :)

The great part about this, is the partial/non disclosure by the school, as to exactly who is, and who isn't armed.
We don't need to arm every teacher, or every principal and vice principal.
Just a few in each school.
Aren't there ex military teachers? Ex LEO teachers? Ex military/LEO administrators?

Any potential perp discovers someone is armed, but doesn't know exactly who it is.
That in itself is a great deterrent. Not everyone/every teacher/every admin needs to be armed.
Does the perp want to guess?

I'll bet he/she doesn't, and as a result, won't go there.
He'll/she'll look for one with a "gun free zone" sign.

Which is why we need to arm a select few teachers and admin in EVERY school, without disclosing who they are, and take down the "gun free zone" (IOW, the 100% potential VICTIM zone) signs.

So, recently vilified teachers who were accused of being lazy, overpaid, underworked and members of a corrupt and an evil union are now deemed responsible enough to defend our children with firearms?

So, recently vilified teachers who were accused of being lazy, overpaid, underworked and members of a corrupt and an evil union are now deemed responsible enough to defend our children with firearms?
I dunno,... Are we talking about "right to work" states?
I thought we were talking about "right to shoot" states.

Because defending them with only their hands has worked so well for them and their many students , right ? Bet if it was your kid not coming home , you'd wish they hand more than a Kung fu chop

Only way we can remotely stop these shootings.

And as far as the anti's may say that the children would be at more risk,you would have strict rules for the teachers to follow as far as carrying,and not leaving it sit ANYWERE.

The other point about having a teacger shoot a child while something is going down.
Well,you have the active shooter that IS trying to shoot children and a responder that is trying to save them.
The chances are far greater that without the "teacher risk" more children will be killed than the teacher shooting any of them.

Just makes sense and I believe a lot of people will flock to private schools that have better security,if these steps aren't taken.

The point of armed individuals ( administrators, teachers, LEO, guards, trained volunteer parents ) in schools is to provide a very strong deterrent, where currently there is absolute assurance that no one will interrupt their evil doings. Since accuracy would be a prime concern, add an active shooter/hit the dirt drill to the others children practice for emergencies. Teamwork. Everyone has to protect the children with every possible tool and no reason for the children to not be a part of the solution. It has worked in other countries and can work here.

An armed society is a polite society.

Well my friend I believe thought like yours is part of the problem. why you do think just because they are teachers they can not be proficient in shooting, threat assessment, target acquisition and the decision should I take the shot or not. Most LEO have never fired there service weapons anywhere other than a range and never will, and with several of my friends being LEO I am told most of them only shoot when its time to re qualify with there side arms, I would think that school in TX has very strict policy on who may carry and who may not. The trained security folks did a lot of good in the mall out in Clackamas didn't they ! Fact is most (trained security persons) are only armed with a big flashlight and if there lucky a small can of mace. The principle is 100% on target, the teachers are the first responders ! Now its only speculation but had the principle at sandy hook been armed she may well have stopped the this tragedy with minimal loss ! But that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to there own

Only way we can remotely stop these shootings.

And as far as the anti's may say that the children would be at more risk,you would have strict rules for the teachers to follow as far as carrying,and not leaving it sit ANYWERE.

The other point about having a teacger shoot a child while something is going down.
Well,you have the active shooter that IS trying to shoot children and a responder that is trying to save them.
The chances are far greater that without the "teacher risk" more children will be killed than the teacher shooting any of them.

Just makes sense and I believe a lot of people will flock to private schools that have better security,if these steps aren't taken.

So you are a willing teacher who has the training. There is an active shooter at your school which has multiple buildings. Do you leave your classroom when a lockdown is announced? Do you actively seek out the shooter alone? As a school employee who has had an active shooter on my campus ( <broken link removed> ) I can tell you there is absolute chaos. My office is roughly 100 yards from where the shooting occurred. If I were armed and expected to respond there was no way to know exactly where to go or who the shooter was.

I don't know about you guys but the training I've been through says you don't try to clear your own home without backup. My training told me you let the shooter come to you. At a school it would be easy to stumble upon the shooter. I think it was the Virginia Tech shooting where there was video of folks stumbling into the area of the shooter.

For a teacher to be trained up to a standard and mindset to respond to an active shooter by turning into a hunter seems like a bad thing waiting to happen. Cops show up and see a person creeping around school with a gun ... its you and you are suddenly caught beween shooter who sees you and cops who don't know you or where the shooter is.

I still want somebody to comment on the aftermath of a teacher accidentally shooting an innocent person in the chaos. What things would have to be ironed out in contracts between district and teachers?

So you are a willing teacher who has the training. There is an active shooter at your school which has multiple buildings. Do you leave your classroom when a lockdown is announced? Do you actively seek out the shooter alone? As a school employee who has had an active shooter on my campus ( <broken link removed> ) I can tell you there is absolute chaos. My office is roughly 100 yards from where the shooting occurred. If I were armed and expected to respond there was no way to know exactly where to go or who the shooter was.

I don't know about you guys but the training I've been through says you don't try to clear your own home without backup. My training told me you let the shooter come to you. At a school it would be easy to stumble upon the shooter. I think it was the Virginia Tech shooting where there was video of folks stumbling into the area of the shooter.

For a teacher to be trained up to a standard and mindset to respond to an active shooter by turning into a hunter seems like a bad thing waiting to happen. Cops show up and see a person creeping around school with a gun ... its you and you are suddenly caught beween shooter who sees you and cops who don't know you or where the shooter is.

I still want somebody to comment on the aftermath of a teacher accidentally shooting an innocent person in the chaos. What things would have to be ironed out in contracts between district and teachers?

I've attended LEO training courses, and the instructors said : don't clear the buildings unless you're paid to do so (SWAT).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top