JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NYC Announces New Transgender Law. It's Nuts.

To summarize, you could be fined a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS for things like failing to address someone by their preferred gender pronouns. Among other things.

For those who are concerned about mis-gendering people (I know there has to be a lot of you out there), here's a handy guide to gender pronouns presented by the University of Wisconsin.

Gender Pronouns | LGBT Resource Center

I don't even have words for this. My head just exploded.

I always thought "it" was the English gender neutral pronoun...
....or does "it" now offend the Its?o_O:rolleyes::mad:

Wouldn't want to offend someone that self-identifies as a teapot.
(well, ok ... I actually would enjoy it immensely)

It seems Donald Trump was actually just being PC when he was describing grabbing some "girls" pussy in that locker room recording... he was just checking to make sure he was addressing "it" with the proper pronoun after all. Wouldn't want to offend!

Last Edited:
OMFG.... will this BS never end?!! :s0137:

I am getting really tired of all these snowflakes having bruised feelings over trivial bullbubblegum like this and expecting everyone to make it all better for them.. It's a good dammed thing WWII happened when it did with a generation that took a hit and just kept coming.... these days if the same thing happened we would have an entire generation whimpering and filling their britches while trying to figure out what to call themselves...

I understand the frustration of "PC Speak" ... When taken to a extreme we won't be able to say or write anything without fear of offending someone.

That being said...
Where is the compassion and understanding for a group of people who just want to be accepted or respected?

I do not like the media stereotype of Bubba the racist , government fearing , non educated , angry , sexist gun owner.
I am quite sure that the majority of folks on this site and the majority of gun owners in general do not fall into that category.

Do those of you who do not fall into that category , appreciate being lumped in there?
Would you like to be called by an appropriate name?
Do we as gun owners not struggle with "name calling" or being unheard or intentionally misquoted and misinterpreted?

A proper name for things or people goes a long way to meaningful communication.
Meaningful communication can lead to understanding ... Isn't that what we all want?

Note to all I am not in agreement with the huge and unjust fine for " Non PC Speak".
And as I said from the first "PC Speak" can and has been taken way too far.
Andy

Last Edited:
I for one think it's just fine........
That it's happening in NY ,the sespool of our nation.
Yea yeah I know it wil have an effect on the rest of the country.
Heck other countries actually identify a third sex. Thailand I think? Well NY is behind the times I tell you.:confused:
You just know TPTB love this. This can lead into taking the first amendment away;)

They are... oh bubblegum is that acceptable?... turning into a protected class.

It's no longer equal under the law.

Just like politicians and others, the lqhubgyenfmonhons- crowd is joining the protected elite.

That's my read too. It isn't about acceptance, it's about jerking the system around in order to provide preferred status for yet another group of vocal minorities that have a ton of time on their hands because they are already milking the system and living off mom and dad or our tax dollars. People who work for a living don't have time to tinker around with the English language to this degree....

Fine, I want to be known as a GFFLI... (Gun Friendly Freedom Loving Individual) and I want everyone to be required by law to own and carry a firearm so I feel more secure with my identity:rolleyes:.... The media has persecuted my group with zeal for the last 8 years causing me great anguish....what? There are people out there who don't like guns? Too bad... they need to comply to protect my identity and make me feel better...And I dare say there are more GFFLI's per capita than gender benders who are driving this law in NY, so it should have just as much validity...

You get my point....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top