JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I continue to be surprised by the lack of knowledge of Concealed Carry rights here in the state of Oregon. How many of you guys agree that the ability to carry and defend yourself is not a privilege but in fact a right? SO why do we not have people volunteering there time to get CHL's to people free. I know they have to pay the county and thats fine but I want to volunteer my time to teach the class for people. I do not mean to undermine the instructors who make a living off of this. The simple fact is though, that I believe that more informed carriers equals a safer community. People get so put off by the prices and times. If you guys know anyone in search of a free class or any kind of firearm information have them text or call me. I am a Certified NRA Instructor and again volunteering my time for what I think is a important cause. The NRA is not offering these free classes nor are they funding or anyway involved. I am doing this on my own and merely using my certification as a means to be able to run concealed carry classes.

Attachments

• Nra flyer volunteer.pdf
    388 KB · Views: 110
Great concept, you are right!

If we want to educate and arm fellow civilians, the best folks to teach it are those who practice defensive lifestyles.

Sometimes a whole class can freak out those that want to learn and are willing but perhaps would benifit more from one on one or limited group sessions. A "focused" class.

They could also delve into different carry methods whats practical and what "looks" practical but isnt in the long run, carry positions..etc. Situational awareness and the fact that off the body carry (i.e purse carry) is a terrible idea unless you are constantly aware of your firearm and surroundings.

Laws and safety too of course.. But there are many things Id add to a standard CHL class that only daily carriers know or have experianced. "Common man info".

Keep fighting the good fight!

Yeah I would really like to focus on one on one since I'm doing this for free haha

I do as well follow a "defensive lifestyle" so I absolutely
agree and thats exactly what I want to do.
I just want to spread the word that I am doing these things for free t maybe help convince people to go for it.

Why aren't they....

People are capitalists. Find a niche and make money from it.

Kind of the same mentality why I would like to run a gun shop. I'd run it at cost + a few dollars to cover everything. Just like what you want to do. Offer a service for the people not to pad the bank account. :). Get the guns out there, get people using them and get them trained!

I would appreciate any help. I have the certification but with college and other life things have not done much with it career wise. I complain all the time that there is not enough people carrying or that people are so surprised with how easy it is to carry. So why not do something about it. Spread the word that i am offering it. Im going to some National Guard Armorys. Going around PCC with some flyers and such. Just letting people hey Ill get you good to go for free.

@corey - Watch out for legal issues. Pay or not, you are restricted as to where you can instruct.
Or as in the case of schools, even the words "firearms" can get you time with unpleasant people.

I applaud you for wanting to give back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads