JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You could do all of that in downtown Potland and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
You know? You are right!
The explanation Imo is stupidity. They have a nieve view of the world and don't think beyond the slogans and narrative fed to them.
I guess it's what we could/should expect from people that live on their cell phones. You ever take notice when driving or walking around, how many people are looking at devices in their hands? It's like an episode of the "Outer Limits", or "Twilight Zone" in the '60s. The dumb bastiges can't carry on a normal face to face conversation with another human. I guess you can't expect them to question the media's lies and misinformation.

Posted on next door. Homeless broke in while she was sleeping and stole her stuff. Called police. They called back the afternoon of the following day.

4122E5CA-ABBA-487A-9B80-A2900EAC51FC.jpeg

Posted on next door. Homeless broke in while she was sleeping and stole her stuff. Called police. They called back the afternoon of the following day.

View attachment 1430580
It's a sad situation when the police aren't policing, but this is the result of defunding and demoralizing all police for the actions of a few.

Creating an opportunity to be burglarized is certainly on the victim here. One should think critically when doing things like venting anything through a window, especially a window next to a door…. I'm sure it won't be vented there again. Or perhaps, it will…. Some never learn…

Fact is....the heads of most city police departments have to pass an interview process conducted by perverts, activists and malcontents on the city council. What's the chance a strong effective law enforcement candidate passing that ideological purity butt sniffing test?....and then the poor schlepp is dependent on the same asshats to provide funding for his department.

Call in a break-in robbery and get a phoned in response call the following afternoon......HaHaHa......Perfect.
Sounds like policing is working the way leadership wants it to.

This is the dystopian future your elected city leaders and their appointed department heads are working so hard to create.

Wait till this city council and their hand picked police chief have to face a committed organized threat like the Mexican Cartels who are setting up operations throughout the country. It's just a matter of time......

Last Edited:
Fact is....the heads of most city police departments have to pass an interview process conducted by perverts, activists and malcontents on the city council. What's the chance a strong effective law enforcement candidate passing that ideological purity butt sniffing test?....and then the poor schlepp is dependent on the same asshats to provide funding for his department.

Call in a break-in robbery and get a phoned in response call the following afternoon......HaHaHa......Perfect.
Sounds like policing is working the way leadership wants it to.

This is the dystopian future your elected city leaders and their appointed department heads are working so hard to create.

Wait till this city council and their hand picked police chief have to face a committed organized threat like the Mexican Cartels who are setting up operations throughout the country. It's just a matter of time......
You don't need to wait for a Mexican cartel. The Chilean burlary gangs are already opearting in Portland.

I'm seeing a lot of evidence that Portland is really turning around for the better…….

Portland sucks a big one.

I'm seeing a lot of evidence that Portland is really turning around for the better…….
1775usmc: Please provide the evidence you see. I am genuinely curious how you came to the conclusion that Portland is turning around.
  • Portland's all-time high for homicides was 1987 when 70 people were murdered. That record was obliterated in 2021 when 92 homicides in Portland were recorded. Not to be outdone, a new record was set in 2022 with 101 homicdes, despite the significant loss in population that year.
  • Portland's downtown vacancy rate at the end of 2022 was 26%. More than one-quarter of all office space is now empty. That's almost twice the vacancy rate of just two years before
  • The Oregonian reported yesterday that drug use in downtown Portland is "at an all-time high." https://www.oregonlive.com/portland...to-citations-as-fentanyl-crisis-explodes.html
Those are just a few examples of Portland's sorry story, and of course there are so many more which could be cited. I purposefully did not include homeless statistics since they are unreliable, but visual evidence of that cancer obviously abounds. Those disturbing trends look nothing like a "turn around" to me. Hopefully you have data in other measures to show that Portland is genuinely turning the corner, but until there is new leadership at city hall I won't be holding my breath.

1775usmc: Please provide the evidence you see. I am genuinely curious how you came to the conclusion that Portland is turning around.
  • Portland's all-time high for homicides was 1987 when 70 people were murdered. That record was obliterated in 2021 when 92 homicides in Portland were recorded. Not to be outdone, a new record was set in 2022 with 101 homicdes, despite the significant loss in population that year.
  • Portland's downtown vacancy rate at the end of 2022 was 26%. More than one-quarter of all office space is now empty. That's almost twice the vacancy rate of just two years before
  • The Oregonian reported yesterday that drug use in downtown Portland is "at an all-time high." https://www.oregonlive.com/portland...to-citations-as-fentanyl-crisis-explodes.html
Those are just a few examples of Portland's sorry story, and of course there are so many more which could be cited. I purposefully did not include homeless statistics since they are unreliable, but visual evidence of that cancer obviously abounds. Those disturbing trends look nothing like a "turn around" to me. Hopefully you have data in other measures to show that Portland is genuinely turning the corner, but until there is new leadership at city hall I won't be holding my breath.
It was sarcasm I'm sure.

Serial killer killing women now all over Pdx area it seems based on recent reports. Lady had attempted kidnapping at night while jogging in our area quite some time ago. It was on nextdoor. Wonder if it is the same person. She had a description of his car on that post. Police have no $ or people to dedicate to finding this guy. Sucks.

Did you read where I said "Portland sucks a big one?"

Heavy sarcasm my friend.

From the story;
"PPB Capt. Jake Jensen said investigators would be at the scene "for a while processing to see what happened… because we want to hold the person or people that causes harm to the community accountable for their actions."

I guess they're going to round up the mayor, city council and DA then??

@Mikej this is awfully close to home isn't it??

From the story;
"PPB Capt. Jake Jensen said investigators would be at the scene "for a while processing to see what happened… because we want to hold the person or people that causes harm to the community accountable for their actions."

I guess they're going to round up the mayor, city council and DA then??

@Mikej this is awfully close to home isn't it??
Awe heck no. That's way over there. About 10 blocks. ;)

I like the way they get a person that could qualify for one of the most woke, most brain washed, Gen-Z/gen Xe'rs to tell of their fear and angst over something their own representatives has allowed/caused to happen.

And the 'introductee' hasn't been on here since March 20th. Only 6 posts and he tucked tail and ran.
No, it shows he checked in last Wednesday.

"Last seen Wed 11:20pm"

Kind of a shame we can be so intimidating. But if you can look at this city and not see how it's slid into a toilet in the last 3-5 years. There is just something not right in the brain-box.

No, it shows he checked in last Wednesday.

"Last seen Wed 11:20pm"

Kind of a shame we can be so intimidating. But if you can look at this city and not see how it's slid into a toilet in the last 3-5 years. There is just something not right in the brain-box.
Checked in, but said nothing in his own defense.
Has it only been the last 3-5 years that things have gotten bad? Seems like it's been building to a crescendo for the last 40 + with the invasion across the southern border. (I'm talkin' Kalifornia, not Mexico!)

Kind of a shame we can be so intimidating.
Guess I'm old school. "Intimidating" today is what we called vibrant dialogue in the last century. So many millenials and gen Z (thankfully not all of them) remind me of the three monkeys covering their ears, mouth, and eyes. They seem to struggle with recognition, discussion, and critical thinking skills when it comes to reality.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR