JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are not in premium condition.
But they all 3 shoot good.
Top down.
Savage model 720
Ruger 44 carbine
Browning 22 sa
Didn't know I even wanted the 22. Until I started messing around with it. The only one I was really after was the 44 carbine. Boy is it fun to shoot.
Only put 5 rounds through the 12 gauge. Just checking it for function.
Ok bragging is finished.

20180829_150226.jpg

Man, love the .44 carbine! Never knew there was such an animal. Hubba hubba.

And the bonus big toe! Nice touch.

Nice Carbine, bet that one is rare.
The Ruger isn't really "rare" it's just that the folks that own one simply aren't interested in selling. I'm the proud owner of a couple of the Ruger .44s. One is like the one shown and the other is a 77/44. Both are outstanding shooters even if they only hold 5 rounds. They will get the job done.

Nice! Have to admit the Ruger doesn't appeal to me as much as the other two. Not much of a shotgun guy so I never noticed Savage made a variation of the old Browning. Good to learn that. The SA22 is my favorite .22 autoloading rifle, even if they do spit empties down my sleeve. Just an elegant little rifle.
Good acquisitions all:)

One of the things about the Ruger .44 Magnum is the fact that it was used in a story by John D. McDonald as the weapon of choice for Travis McGee.:):):)

Nice! Have to admit the Ruger doesn't appeal to me as much as the other two. Not much of a shotgun guy so I never noticed Savage made a variation of the old Browning. Good to learn that. The SA22 is my favorite .22 autoloading rifle, even if they do spit empties down my sleeve. Just an elegant little rifle.
Good acquisitions all:)
I didn't know savage did either. Those shotguns were manufacturerd between 1930 to 1949. Two of the models were used in WW2. Mine however was not unfortunately.
I realized last night about the hot shell down the sleeve.

Thats nice, they look in good condition to me.
The ruger has a rust spot on the barrel by the reciever.other than that it's very clean for being 41 years old. The browning 22 isn't so lucky. It shoots great. But is a solid brown patina. Which does look cool in a way. It's 46 years old.
The shotgun though is the oldest. Aside from a little pitting on the outside of barrel. The blind is slightly faded.
It's in good shape for being 70 to 80 years old.

One of the things about the Ruger .44 Magnum is the fact that it was used in a story by John D. McDonald as the weapon of choice for Travis McGee.:):):)
That's pretty cool. I had always wanted one. But this was the first one I have ever seen other than pictures. Of course it doesn't help being addicted to 44s

The Ruger isn't really "rare" it's just that the folks that own one simply aren't interested in selling. I'm the proud owner of a couple of the Ruger .44s. One is like the one shown and the other is a 77/44. Both are outstanding shooters even if they only hold 5 rounds. They will get the job done.
The old way I ended up with these is the older gent. That was selling them. Told me his kids didn't have any interest in guns. He was down sizeing things.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top