JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You need to remember the Freddy's does not have a private police force to send out there to deal with this.

Interestingly, some businesses are starting to adapt. I was in Seattle earlier today and went with wife to shop at the Arc'teryx store. They have this rather large guy with a "SECURITY" sign on his jacket guarding the door and nobody gets in or out without him giving you the ok to do so.

The store's front doors are also now reinforced with another layer of thick wooden doors that can be closed and sealed. Last month when I was there part of their door was boarded up and an employee told me they were hit with looting. I guess they got tired of it and decided to implement some security now.

And you know what? It made wife and I feel a lot better shopping in that store. The last thing I need is for some hobo bothering us when we need to get some shopping done.

I hate seeing them camped in the front of McD, or passed out on the sidewalk near the door. Yeah, they can be violent, so I let sleeping dogs lie. I wonder if the cops do anything about it or if mgt just doesn't even bother to call?

A few businesses called in the bums that were sleeping under entrance awnings and fire escapes. The city PD was told to leave it alone. Not working for the city and also having jurisdiction, we went down and yarded them out. Next thing you know it, those businesses were getting hounded for making the call in the first place.

I hate seeing them camped in the front of McD, or passed out on the sidewalk near the door. Yeah, they can be violent, so I let sleeping dogs lie. I wonder if the cops do anything about it or if mgt just doesn't even bother to call?
It's on private property. Unless called, they don't react.

Interestingly, some businesses are starting to adapt. I was in Seattle earlier today and went with wife to shop at the Arc'teryx store. They have this rather large guy with a "SECURITY" sign on his jacket guarding the door and nobody gets in or out without him giving you the ok to do so.

The store's front doors are also now reinforced with another layer of thick wooden doors that can be closed and sealed. Last month when I was there part of their door was boarded up and an employee told me they were hit with looting. I guess they got tired of it and decided to implement some security now.

And you know what? It made wife and I feel a lot better shopping in that store. The last thing I need is for some hobo bothering us when we need to get some shopping done.
Sadly that is pricey for a small place to pay for and it will only work until some scum attacks the guard. If guard hurts the scum, here come the protests. If scum hurts the guard insurance has to pay and then they raise the cost of the insurance.
One guy I work with used to be Loss Prevention at a major retail. Many of the scum used to just walk past them with a stack of stuff over their shoulder telling them to F off. They would call 911. Most times the scum was long gone by the time the Police showed of course. So everyone gets to pay for the loss and the cost of paying the people who try to stop it.
Again this is in the lap of voters who said they want it this way so they get exactly what they deserve, hope they enjoy it. :(

You need to remember the Freddy's does not have a private police force to send out there to deal with this. What happens is they have called the law so many times it becomes a waste of their time as the people who vote have decided they do not want anything done. Calling the police does not mean a magic wand is waved and the scum vanish.
Why did you not call 911 and report it? If you do a few times, and stick around to see what happens, you may learn why the management does not want to bother wasting their time.

IMHO, as I see it.....

I am not the owner/manager of the property. So then.....speaking of issuing a "Trespass Warning". I have NO standing with the police (and have not been given the power by management) to have stuff done on Freddy's property on my say so.

Freddy's has a responsibility to it's customers.....amongst the responsibilities include: to provide a safe environment to me (the shopper) while on their property.

Police......A Waste Of Time?

Cough, cough...... where I am from the Police would never say that publicly. But then, maybe at Choir Practice. Yeah.....been there and done that. That being said.....we went.

Yeah.....you know who pays taxes? Rrrrright.......

Things change and times change. Additionally....the concept of "Community Policing" just doesn't have that same flavor/taste as before. YES....LOL. But as far as....policing the community? Yeah.....they're too busy to bother.:s0123:

Aloha, Mark

PS....I pray that....Vancouver PD is NOT like Portland Police Bureau and never will be.

Last Edited:
Sadly that is pricey for a small place to pay for and it will only work until some scum attacks the guard. If guard hurts the scum, here come the protests. If scum hurts the guard insurance has to pay and then they raise the cost of the insurance.
One guy I work with used to be Loss Prevention at a major retail. Many of the scum used to just walk past them with a stack of stuff over their shoulder telling them to F off. They would call 911. Most times the scum was long gone by the time the Police showed of course. So everyone gets to pay for the loss and the cost of paying the people who try to stop it.
Again this is in the lap of voters who said they want it this way so they get exactly what they deserve, hope they enjoy it. :(

Put ME on that jury trial.

Rrrrrright.....it doesn't happen much now a days. Cheaper just to settle and send the wrong message.

BTW...that will be $10k for your consultation fee. Thank You. jackie-chiles.jpg

Aloha, Mark

IMHO, as I see it.....

I am not the owner/manager of the property. So then.....speaking of issuing a "Trespass Warning". I have NO standing with the police (and have not been given the power by management) to have stuff done on Freddy's property on my say so.

Freddy's has a responsibility to it's customers.....amongst the responsibilities include: to provide a safe environment to me (the shopper) while on their property.

Police......A Waste Of Time?

Cough, cough...... where I am from the Police would never say that publicly. But then, maybe at Choir Practice. Yeah.....been there and done that. That being said.....we went.

Yeah.....you know who pays taxes? Rrrrright.......

Things change and times change. Additionally....the concept of "Community Policing" just doesn't have that same flavor/taste as before. YES....LOL. But as far as....policing the community? Yeah.....they're too busy to bother.:s0123:

Aloha, Mark

PS....I pray that....Vancouver PD is NOT like Portland Police Bureau and never will be.
If it makes you "feel better" to keep telling yourself it's Fredy's fault, that you pay taxes so the Police should help, great. Do NOT shop at the store any more since the store is totally at fault and go on "feeling better" :confused:

"Freddy's has a responsibility to it's customers.....amongst the responsibilities include: to provide a safe environment to me (the shopper) while on their property."

Sadly a LOT of people feel this same way. That the store is responsible to get rid of the scum and protect the customers from them. Sounds really great. Of course like so many things that sound great, trying to actually do it suddenly runs head first into the real world. :cool:
How many people who live is places like Seattle or Portland scream for the Police to "do something" about the scum camping in the parks they pay for, then vote back in the same people who protect said scum? :s0054:

"Freddy's has a responsibility to it's customers.....amongst the responsibilities include: to provide a safe environment to me (the shopper) while on their property."

Sadly a LOT of people feel this same way. That the store is responsible to get rid of the scum and protect the customers from them. Sounds really great. Of course like so many things that sound great, trying to actually do it suddenly runs head first into the real world. :cool:
How many people who live is places like Seattle or Portland scream for the Police to "do something" about the scum camping in the parks they pay for, then vote back in the same people who protect said scum? :s0054:
If the Popo won't deal with it and the store won't deal with it, people are going to stop shopping there. How the store chooses to act or not act is up to them, but it's still their problem.

If it makes you "feel better" to keep telling yourself it's Fredy's fault, that you pay taxes so the Police should help, great. Do NOT shop at the store any more since the store is totally at fault and go on "feeling better" :confused:

I think that you've read me wrong about "Freddy's Fault".

Freddy can/could choose to act or not act....to respond to my concerns/complaint. They chose to not do anything and I've chosen to NOT SHOP THERE anymore. In my mind, they don't care enough about me and my safety while I am on their property. So be it.

"Fault"......I have no need to "Fault" them this time.....I wasn't hurt/injured/killed as a result of the incident.

So then.....
That being said....
The management (perhaps, if they were better trained) should perhaps consider the store's possible LIABILITY.

Rrrright......
What if......
Another customer was to be injured/hurt/killed by that person. Yeah, and there was a chance to avoid all of this. Yup....do you think that TOP MANAGEMENT would be pleased with the inaction of their people? Would/could the liability and subsequent $ paid.....be substantially BIGGER since they were previously warned?

jackie-chiles.jpg He also works on a contingency basis too.

But maybe, it's because the management didn't think that I was worthy? Yeah.....I ain't exactly WHITE. LOL. My bad for not being WHITE (Oh stop it already).

O.K.....maybe, add a little more $ to the plaintiff's judgment or settlement. [shake head, side to side]

As for the Police. As I stated....they were not called by Freddy.

Yes...I believe...that the Police should respond when there is a POLICE MATTER to attend to. Yes.....I pay taxes and expect that.

What the police do and don't do is also their call. Though.....it's harder to sue them. But then....settlement money is also green. Thank you very much.

If you don't believe or think that the police should be involved or even bothered/called.....fine. That's your call on the situation. BTW...do you or have you worked for Freddy's?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
It's on private property. Unless called, they don't react.

Yes, I guess I worded that poorly.

I wonder if mgt bothers to call LE, and if they do, if cops bother to show up or do anything about it if they do... is a better way of expressing my thought...... I hope.

I've seen in Seattle at least the answers are no no and nope.

Last Edited:
Yes, I guess I worded that poorly.

I wonder if mgt bothers to call LE, and if they do, if cops bother to show up or do anything about it if they do... is a better way of expressing my thought...... I hope.

I've seen in Seattle at least the answers are no no and nope.
Corvallis is different. No wait, it is almost like the big D cities. Same response.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top