JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Outside McDonalds recently was a guy holding up a yellow post-it note with something written on it. I had to laugh at him and as I drove away I looked in my mirror to see that his pants, and I'm not exaggerating, were down around his knees. He had long underwear on, fortunately.

"A Laugh" At him.

But then.....
In some cities (example: S.F., Seattle, etc....) well.......isn't it just the usual process before one takes a dump on the sidewalk?

Aloha, Mark

"A Laugh" At him.

But then.....
In some cities (example: S.F., Seattle, etc....) well.......isn't it just the usual process before one takes a dump on the sidewalk?

Aloha, Mark
I laughed at him and gestured that he needed a bigger sign.

Sadly the voters have long said they want these guys left alone to the point many of them can be dangerous. It was why Wife and I stopped going to Seattle. Used to love to take the express bus up there, knock around, have lunch, maybe a drink, go home. The scum allowed to roam made it no longer fun.

I hate seeing them camped in the front of McD, or passed out on the sidewalk near the door. Yeah, they can be violent, so I let sleeping dogs lie. I wonder if the cops do anything about it or if mgt just doesn't even bother to call?

Speaking about a laugh. Though in my case, it was more like a chuckle (to myself).

OK, Ok, ok......so this took place years ago (maybe 2006). I was traveling down to CA on vacation. Somewhere along I-5 I pulled into a Govt Rest Stop. There were the usual travelers and then I spotted the guy sitting with the sign by the water fountain. Hummmm.....probably wanting a handout. Good on him though....he situated himself there with an intent to sort of "force" people to see him and read his sign.

Anyway....
I wanted a drink of water. And so while walking towards the fountain, I saw that next to him he had a cell phone (placed on the mat beside him).

Well....F@^* Me. I don't own a cell phone.
You_get....Nothing.jpg
"Mr...... who owns a cell phone."

BTW, his sign was something about him.....needing help (the usual).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I hate seeing them camped in the front of McD, or passed out on the sidewalk near the door. Yeah, they can be violent, so I let sleeping dogs lie. I wonder if the cops do anything about it or if mgt just doesn't even bother to call?
Sadly in many places the LEO's will only show up if there is literally nothing else going on. It's a waste of their time and a hazard. They in most places can not arrest them, many of the scum can be dangerous to interact with. If they do someone is filming them so they can put it on line showing how horrible the Cops are. So they are allowed to do as they please. :mad:

Sadly in many places the LEO's will only show up if there is literally nothing else going on. It's a waste of their time and a hazard. They in most places can not arrest them, many of the scum can be dangerous to interact with. If they do someone is filming them so they can put it on line showing how horrible the Cops are. So they are allowed to do as they please. :mad:

The films of LEO interaction with homeless depicted in "Seattle Is Dying" etc bear that out. :(:mad:

If they are on McD property.....it's for the management of McD to say something. If it fails....then, management could/should/maybe/up to them....call the police.

I remember once......
In the p/lot of Freddy's......
I was accosted (approached) by a begger.
I went inside to complain to the management. "How dare they let their customers be accosted."
Well......of course the management didn't do a thing.
I was "clearly" in the WRONG.

Rrrrrright......
It wouldn't be P.C. to disparage the homeless.

Besides....
It's Vancouver, WA. and on the ballot (around that time), there was this measure calling for additional tax money to build homeless shelters.

Oh-Lord.jpg
Dammmm those people...... that want to turn Vancouver, WA into Portland, OR.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
If they are on McD property.....it's for the management of McD to say something. If it fails....then, management could/should/maybe/up to them....call the police.

I remember once......
I went inside to complain to the management. "How dare they let their customers be accosted."

Rrrrrright......
It wouldn't be P.C. to disparage the homeless.

Besides....
It's Vancouver, WA. and on the ballot (around that time), there was this measure calling for additional tax money to build homeless shelters.

Dammmm those people...... that want to turn Vancouver, WA into Portlabnd, OR.

Aloha, Mark

Too late...

BTW, you get more of what you allow. Humans are like that. Yeah they are...

Outside McDonalds recently was a guy holding up a yellow post-it note with something written on it. I had to laugh at him and as I drove away I looked in my mirror to see that his pants, and I'm not exaggerating, were down around his knees. He had long underwear on, fortunately.
Give a man a big mac, he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to use a belt, he'll use it to shoot up heroin.

Go to Starbucks, grab a bunch of gift cards, load $5 on half, leave.

Hand out gift cards with nothing on them to the worst ones, and one with money on them to those that actually look like they are in need.

Used to watch a women park here car in the Sportsmans 185th lot every morning when I worked there. She grabbed her sign out of the trunk and started walking towards the off ramp. After this I've greatly changed my opinion of those on the streets begging.

I saw that next to him he had a cell phone (placed on the mat beside him).

Well....F@^* Me. I don't own a cell phone.
It was probably one of those free Obamaphones. Because communication is a human right.
Used to watch a women park here car in the Sportsmans 185th lot every morning when I worked there. She grabbed her sign out of the trunk and started walking towards the off ramp. After this I've greatly changed my opinion of those on the streets begging.
A few years back I pulled into a gas station off of I-5 to fill up. There was a thin, neatly dressed guy in an out-of-date business suit, white shirt and tie, standing by the entrance with a sign saying he was on his way to a job interview but needed money for gas. Gave him $10.

After I returned to my car an attendant came over and said the guy was there every day pulling the same routine.

A few weeks later I saw him at another gas station a few miles away, in the same suit, with the same sign. Gave him the finger.

Go to Starbucks, grab a bunch of gift cards, load $5 on half, leave.

Hand out gift cards with nothing on them to the worst ones, and one with money on them to those that actually look like they are in need.

I used work out there and take the 185th exit everyday. There was a man with a cane all hunched over like he was disabled.
One day I saw him walking normally from the 7-11 right there. He went over to his spot and hunched over again.
That was 18 years ago.

I remember when you could tell the store manager they had a bum in the parking lot and they would chase them off or if they knew he was a problem child they'd call the cops. Just like several of you have noted, one day a few years ago they started saying "the cops won't do anything". The inmates now run the asylum.

An intersection I used to cross almost daily had a wino who lived in a rent by the week motel nearby. He would act crippled and hobble up to the cars. Then he would use a fake screwed up voice to say "Can you help me?" He tried this on me once and I asked if I hadn't seen him walking normally yesterday near the wino motel. The conversation degraded rapidly and he lost the voice and the limp around the time he lost his temper. :rolleyes: Wish I had recorded it.

I remember once......

Dammmm those people...... that want to turn Vancouver, WA into Portland, OR.

Aloha, Mark

You need to remember the Freddy's does not have a private police force to send out there to deal with this. What happens is they have called the law so many times it becomes a waste of their time as the people who vote have decided they do not want anything done. Calling the police does not mean a magic wand is waved and the scum vanish.
Why did you not call 911 and report it? If you do a few times, and stick around to see what happens, you may learn why the management does not want to bother wasting their time.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top