JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody load this. I have a Beretta model 1915 I would like to shoot. There are minimal recipes I have seen online for them. Obviously, this is not the most common round. Anybody got a good starting point for this? Obviously most components could be used from standard down-loaded 9mm luger. Also, are there any powder coated 9mm bullets in some wild color to help distinguish them?

I've never heard of the clambering but there are many shops out there that do a moly coat on lead bullets and reswage them back to the proper size. A quick google search of "moly 9mm bullets" should get you going.

Huh, hadn't heard of it til just now. Had to google to get info. Seems completely obsolete.

After a little research, it appears to be identical to the 9mm Parabellum, just loaded down for blowback style actions.
Most of the load data out there suggests keeping velocity below 1000 FPS. Try some suppressor/subsonic ammo in the 124 grain range maybe? Should be easy to load down 9mm ammo in whatever grain weight bullet you prefer. Try some starting loads with a 90 grain bullet around 900 FPS or so, should be pretty soft shooting.

I load down 115's to ~950 FPS and they work in all of my 9mm's. My RP9 won't lock back the slide on an empty mag but I'm ok with that. It's not threaded so it's not a big deal anyway.

Huh, hadn't heard of it til just now. Had to google to get info. Seems completely obsolete.
It is, but with it using a 9mm case, I should be able to use it for mine. The badman bullets are a great suggestion. For obvious reasons I would NOT want to load a regular 9x19 cartridge in there. I want the difference obvious.

I've read in Cartridges of the World, and elsewhere, that Fiocchi Munizioni occasionally makes small batches of this obsolete cartridge. Perhaps that is a resource to look into.

Beyond that, handloading appears to be the other option. And as others have mentioned, full powered 9x19㎜ Luger is not a good idea in those old guns.

Good luck. :)

I'm up and reloading. Any suggestions where to start? I have some 124 grain subs. But frankly, I want to make a seriously anemic subsonic 115 grain. I would like to shoot the old beretta 1915 I have. I believe it is factory chromed.

Hodgdon lists some starting loads around 1000 fps, just treat that as your max load essentially. Drop down 10% or more and work up until the gun functions, it will tell you when it likes a certain load.

They're loads for 9mm parabellum, I doubt you'll find actual data for the glisenti, but it's really not needed. Cartridge is identical to 9mm para, just reduced pressure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top