JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got that one too. I think that it's an important PART. We also need -2, -3, and -4 amendments reinstated. Those amendments exclude active duty military, current police officers, and CHL holders from the process.

Or perhaps, just add the mental health clauses to the existing law and leave the private transfers alone.

This BILL needs to be GONE !

I called my state senator (Springfield, OR) and he assistant said that they were getting lots of calls in opposition to the bill and almost no calls in favor. Don't take a back-seat approach on this one. They DO listen to their constituents. I told her that I, and those I know make decisions about our elected officials with our votes. She said this was all valuble info to the senator to assist him in deciding his vote on the bill. Please call. You can google your district's senator in 30 seconds. The call takes a minute.

Here's his info all you Springfielders.

member_photo.jpg Senator Lee Beyer
Democrat - District 6 - Springfield

Capitol Phone: 503-986-1706
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, S-419, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]

Welcome to my Legislative Web Site. I hope you find the information here useful and I encourage you to participate in the legislative process.

Sign up for our e-newsletter! Input your email address in the box to the right to receive information about how the current session is progressing and bills that are being talked about now.

Thank you,

Senator Lee Beyer

I called my state senator (Springfield, OR) and he assistant said that they were getting lots of calls in opposition to the bill and almost no calls in favor. Don't take a back-seat approach on this one. They DO listen to their constituents. I told her that I, and those I know make decisions about our elected officials with our votes. She said this was all valuble info to the senator to assist him in deciding his vote on the bill. Please call. You can google your district's senator in 30 seconds. The call takes a minute.

This is good news that they at least admit to opposition. Senator Beyer is one of the names that my local Senator gave me as possible swing votes if properly motivated. The others are Roblan, Devlin, and Courtney.

Interesting letter from NW Armory submitted during public comments. Maybe the intent is to freeze everything up by ramping up the demands on an already overwhelmed system.

Attachments

• 59337(1)(1).pdf
    23 KB · Views: 166

Here's his info all you Springfielders.

View attachment 226881Senator Lee Beyer
Democrat - District 6 - Springfield

Capitol Phone: 503-986-1706
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, S-419, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]

Welcome to my Legislative Web Site. I hope you find the information here useful and I encourage you to participate in the legislative process.

Sign up for our e-newsletter! Input your email address in the box to the right to receive information about how the current session is progressing and bills that are being talked about now.

Thank you,

Senator Lee Beyer

This is what We said to him.

Dear Senator Beyer,
We are asking you to oppose SB 941 and any bill that further erodes or infringes on the 2nd Amendment.

We have more than ample laws on the books now to prevent felons from buying or for anyone to sell a
firearm to a felon.
This bill will only affect the people that already abide by the law and in fact would most likely create
a whole new class of defiant citizens that are just plain sick of the leftist attacks on gun rights.

Show us you have common sense and still have some patriotism
for America and its foundation. VOTE NO on SB 941

Interesting letter from NW Armory submitted during public comments. Maybe the intent is to freeze everything up by ramping up the demands on an already overwhelmed system.

Anti gun people are obstructionists and traitors to the Constitution,
so no they do not care and cheer things like this.

I'm 95% positive a local gun shop around here is in support for the money he will rake in from it.
When you charge $35 for your first and $25 for each after the first you kind of take it in the bubblegum really fast.

I'm 95% positive a local gun shop around here is in support for the money he will rake in from it.
When you charge $35 for your first and $25 for each after the first you kind of take it in the bubblegum really fast.

Perhaps it's a good idea to keep track of which gun shops are either keeping their mouths shut about SB 941 or even show support for it - and remember, should SB 941 become law, not to give them your business. Personally, any gun store that doesn't come out in support of the 2nd and in defiance of SB 941, doesn't get my business.

Perhaps it's a good idea to keep track of which gun shops are either keeping their mouths shut about SB 941 or even show support for it - and remember, should SB 941 become law, not to give them your business. Personally, any gun store that doesn't come out in support of the 2nd and in defiance of SB 941, doesn't get my business.

One reason I like Rich's guns in Donald. Lee is outspoken and at nearly every event testifying against bills like this. I don't see the rest doing that, and that bothers me a little. I am thinking many support this for a profit incentive and I would like to see their incentive goes away if it keeps up. We need a list of who is coming foreward and who is not. Then ask them, why not.

My Senator is Ginny Burdick, (yeah, I know all about her) but I still had to take a shot at an e-mail to her office.

Dear Senator Burdick
I urge a reconsideration of SB941 for the following reasons:
1. The background checks called for are, for the most part, unenforceable. Even the Oregonian and many County LEOs admit this. Criminals, by definition, would not be deterred by the restrictions.
2. The bill, as written, makes no allowances for those who possess a valid Concealed Handgun License. CHL holders have already been vetted by both the Oregon State Police (the required background check required to get the CHL) as well as their county LEO who issues the license.
3. The bill, as written, makes no allowances for those who possess a valid 03 FFL commonly referred to as the Curio & Relic license. This is a Federal license issued to people, such as myself, to purchase guns which meet BATFE criteria as a curio or relic. These are essentially guns which are at least 50 years old or have a historical or collectors value. To force all guns to go through a UBC regardless is an undue burden on those who comply with BATFE rules and negates any value to that license.
4. Taking all points into account , SB941 becomes just another piece of superfluous legislation which addresses a non-existent problem, which would not prevent a single instance of gun related violence and is nothing more than political grandstanding with a piece of feel good legislation. The root causes of violence, such as poverty and mental health care, remain ignored. The time and effort of the Senators and Representative of the State of Oregon would be better put to use on the myriad of other challenges which we face.
Sincerely,
James Colvill
Beaverton, OR

Her aids scrapped your letter after reading the first sentence!!!:eek::eek::eek:
They had their minds made up before the ink dried!!!

One reason I like Rich's guns in Donald. Lee is outspoken and at nearly every event testifying against bills like this. I don't see the rest doing that, and that bothers me a little. I am thinking many support this for a profit incentive and I would like to see their incentive goes away if it keeps up. We need a list of who is coming foreward and who is not. Then ask them, why not.

I remember seeing him testify at the Clackamas County Commissioners meeting back in February. I was sitting next to him and didn't realize who he was until he testified. I thanked him for his testimony when he returned to his seat. It was nice to see him take a stand.

Best thing everyone can do is just keep what they have because you know what is next.
That it will be education time of the true purpose of the 2nd.
This "Ain't" Australia. !! We are not British Subjects, not "subjects" of any form.
Living in tyranny is NOT LIVING.
Something they cannot figure out yet. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bad news for people who actually believe that the British left America way back when, THE DIDN'T!!!!! They just changed clothes and milled around with the less influential people.....:mad::mad::mad:

I remember seeing him testify at the Clackamas County Commissioners meeting back in February. I was sitting next to him and didn't realize who he was until he testified. I thanked him for his testimony when he returned to his seat. It was nice to see him take a stand.

My wife and I were just a couple seats to your right :)

I don't chat much at events like that, but I do remember the couple to my right and another couple that came in a little later. All right behind Sheriff Roberts.

I stopped and talked to Sheriff Roberts for a bit when we came in and thanked him for showing up.
Had talked to him at my work a few days before and wasn't sure he would show. Glad he did.
I was concerned he would be influenced by the Portland and Multnomah county LE and not show. He "done good " :)

It pays to include ALL members in your communication. You just don't know who will be listening and taking action. My email alone didn't prompt the action, but it was added to the list of those who took the time to write.
Just received the below email from Congressman Mike Nearman. It's a step in the right direction.

John,

You will be happy to know that I wrote an amendment this morning to remove the Emergency Clause on SB941.

Keep the pressure on. We're going to need all the help we can get this session.

--Mike

Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:35 AM
To: Rep Barreto; Rep Bentz; Rep Buehler; Rep Davis; Rep Esquivel; Rep Gilliam; Rep Hack; Rep Hayden; Rep Heard; Rep Huffman; Rep Johnson; Rep Kennemer; Rep Krieger; Rep McLane; Rep Nearman; Rep Olson; Rep Parrish; Rep Post; Rep Smith G; Rep Sprenger; Rep Stark; Rep Weidner; Rep Whisnant; Rep Whitsett; Rep Wilson
Subject: Remove the emergency clause from senate bill 941

Dear Representatives,

Since SB941 has passed out of committee, I assume that it will soon reach the House for consideration. Please have the emergency clause removed as this is not an emergency. By leaving the emergency clause in this bill, the voters are denied their right to vote on this very contentious issue. The emergency clause in this bill is not needed and is an abuse of the intent of the clause. When it reaches the House for consideration, please have the emergency clause removed from SB941.

Regards,

I wrote to my sheriff again recently, asking him to make a vocal opposition to SB 941, going so far as to ask that he, like Grant Co., would not enforce such a law. I got a response back, which I greatly appreciate, though I'm disappointed it wasn't more intense in opposition to SB 941. He deferred to the Oregon State Sheriff's association's letter of 4/1 to the judiciary committee. I think his response is a cautious one, though I'm still hoping he'll stand up individually as some others have. Here is his response:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me regarding the proposed gun legislation.

I understand that you feel strongly about the issue. The Oregon State Sheriff's Association, to which I am a member, has issued a statement identifying concerns with SB 941. I have attached that statement and support those concerns. Additionally, the Board of Clackamas County Commissioners issued a position statement on March 31, 2015, which I concur with and join in their support of the opposition of SB 941. We are fortunate to have their leadership on this issue. I want to let you know that I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Oregon and I support all of the rights and freedoms that it guarantees.

As a strong supporter of gun safety, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and the Public Safety Training Center offer a variety of classes and clinics focusing on firearms training. Please visit our website at www.clackamas.us/sheriff/clinics.html for a full list of classes, or feel free to call 503-794-8065.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Craig Roberts

Sheriff

Gee, they must be busy!

Thank you for emailing the office of Oregon State Senator Chris Edwards. Due to the high volume of emails we are currently receiving, we ask for your patience in responding.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top