JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New alert today - make sure you send the auto mailer to everyone on both sides of the aisle.
1.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

The Prozanski/Hoyle gun grab will soon be voted on in the Oregon Senate. Until the gavel falls, don't stop hammering them. If it should pass there, prepare to hammer the House.

In spite of all the duplicitous rhetoric from the anti-rights crowd about "reasonable and common sense" gun laws, they have proven themselves to be not only unreasonable, but out and out irrational.

When Senator Kim Thatcher proposed an alternative that would actually help keep guns out of the hands of criminals, without invading the privacy of legitimate gun owners, it was dismissed with no discussion. So much for "reasonable."

Representative Bill Post has also proposed an alternative that would protect law abiding gun owners. His bill, HB 3528 protects the privacy of the law abiding and even requires immediate records destruction after a transfer is approved, if a person conducts a voluntary background check. Let's see if the House Democrats who are looking for "reasonable" measures will even discuss this bill.

House Democrat Leader <broken link removed> , who has hidden her anti-gun agenda in the past, is a sponsor of this attack on your rights. If she does not insist that Post's bill be heard and passed, she will have proven just how dangerous a hypocrite she is.

We have updated our automailer to reflect the changing complexion of the battle. Please make use of it, and thanks for your tireless activism.

Another reply from Representative Nearman:

Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 10:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: SB 941 Not Reasonable Not Common Sense

I will be doing everything I can to fight this. Keep the pressure on. We have a chance to beat this in the House.

--Mike

Keep hammering them!!!!!!!!

I wrote to my sheriff again recently, asking him to make a vocal opposition to SB 941, going so far as to ask that he, like Grant Co., would not enforce such a law. I got a response back, which I greatly appreciate, though I'm disappointed it wasn't more intense in opposition to SB 941. He deferred to the Oregon State Sheriff's association's letter of 4/1 to the judiciary committee. I think his response is a cautious one, though I'm still hoping he'll stand up individually as some others have. Here is his response:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me regarding the proposed gun legislation.

I understand that you feel strongly about the issue. The Oregon State Sheriff's Association, to which I am a member, has issued a statement identifying concerns with SB 941. I have attached that statement and support those concerns. Additionally, the Board of Clackamas County Commissioners issued a position statement on March 31, 2015, which I concur with and join in their support of the opposition of SB 941. We are fortunate to have their leadership on this issue. I want to let you know that I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Oregon and I support all of the rights and freedoms that it guarantees.

As a strong supporter of gun safety, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and the Public Safety Training Center offer a variety of classes and clinics focusing on firearms training. Please visit our website at www.clackamas.us/sheriff/clinics.html for a full list of classes, or feel free to call 503-794-8065.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Craig Roberts

Sheriff
Keep faith in the process, and never give up.
Support is broadening as more voices are heard.
Thanks to all who shine the light of truth wherever disinformation holds sway.

This was the email today:

oregon-statesenator-baertschiger-herman-jr_crop.jpg
SB 941 On the Floor For Debate!
Senator Baertschiger and the Senate Republicans are working hard to opposeSB 941; universal gun registration.

Please reach out to the following Senators and express your opinion since we don't know their position on the bill.

Senator Chuck Riley, 503-986-1715 [email protected]

Senator Arnie Roblan, 503-986-1705 [email protected]

Senator Chris Edwards, 503-986-1707 [email protected]

Senator Lee Beyer, 503-986-1706 [email protected]

Senator Alan Bates, 503-986-1703 [email protected]

Senator Mark Haas, 503-986-1714 [email protected]

Senator Floyd Prozanski, 503-986-1704 [email protected]

Senator Michael Dembrow, 503-986-1723 [email protected]

Senator Laurie Monnes-Anderson, 503-986-1725 [email protected]

Senator Rod Monroe, 503-986-1724 [email protected]

Senator Elizabeth Steiner-Hayward, 503-986-1717 [email protected]

Senator Diane Rosenbaum, 503-986-1721 [email protected]

Senator Ginny Burdick, 503-986-1718 [email protected]

Senator Sara Gelser, 503-986-1708 [email protected]

Senator Richard Devlin, 503-986-1719 [email protected]

Senator Chip Shields, 503-986-1722 [email protected]

Senate President, Senator Peter Courtney, 503-986-1600 [email protected]

Thank you for letting your voice be heard.

From the office of:Senator Herman Baertschiger Jr.Senate District 2

email: [email protected] I phone: 503-986-1702
address: 900 Court St NE, S-403, Salem, OR, 97301

Just heard from my Senator, Alan Olsen:

oregon-statesenator-olsen-alan_crop.jpg
Hello Friends,

Second Amendment Rights in Jeopardy!

What's in the news this week at the Oregon Legislature? Yet another attempt to erode our constitutionally codified right to self-defense. Three gun control bills have been introduced: SB941 introduced by Senator Floyd Prozanski, (D) from Eugene; SB 525 introduced by Senator Laurie Monnes-Anderson (D) Gresham; and SB 945 introduced by Senator Steiner-Hayward (D) Portland.

SB 941 expands background checks and was passed expeditiously through the Senate Judiciary Committee on a 3-2 partisan vote. We will be debating this bill on the Senate floor on Tuesday, April 14th.

SB 525 would prohibit someone who has a restraining order (regardless of guilt or innocence) from purchasing or owning a firearm.

SB 945 would make it a crime to have an unlocked gun in your home anytime a "minor" is present. This bill also has the potential to punish a gun owner who has their weapons stolen, by an unwanted intruding minor.

We have been able to defeat gun control legislation in previous sessions because we did not have a super majority of Democrats with a Portland-centric agenda. Now that they have the super majority control they are intent on infringing your Constitutional liberty.

I continue to oppose gun control legislation for the following reasons:

- Violates both your Oregon and Federal Constitutional rights.
- Does not guarantee any reduction of violent gun related crimes.
- Does not guarantee any reduction of gun related accidents.
- Sets us on a path of continued erosion of Second Amendment rights.
- Diminishes a person's ability to protect themselves and their families.
- Invades your privacy and freedom.
- It is poised to punish law abiding gun owners with onerous and overly broad restrictions.

I am now, and will continue to be a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and therefore, a no vote on gun control legislation. I will keep you apprised of the activity on SB 941 SB 945 and SB 525 in my future Newsletters and News Alerts.

Please reach out to the following Senators and express your opinion since we don't know their position on these bills.

Last Edited:
I called my state senator (Springfield, OR) and he assistant said that they were getting lots of calls in opposition to the bill and almost no calls in favor. Don't take a back-seat approach on this one. They DO listen to their constituents. I told her that I, and those I know make decisions about our elected officials with our votes. She said this was all valuble info to the senator to assist him in deciding his vote on the bill. Please call. You can google your district's senator in 30 seconds. The call takes a minute.

The state senator for Springfield is Lee Beyer, and I feel that he may well indeed be open to influence. He is my Senator as well, and he had a pretty strong challenge in the last election, much stronger than many thought he would have, for being such a long time incumbent.

So yes, I fully agree. Anyone in the Springfield district should definitely join us in calling Lee Beyer.

Some of the other Senators like Prozanski, Riley, and Burdick are lost causes. I would not waste my breath on them, they are far too rabid on the subject of gun control.

Gee, they must be busy!

Thank you for emailing the office of Oregon State Senator Chris Edwards. Due to the high volume of emails we are currently receiving, we ask for your patience in responding.

No one said Chris Edwards in on the recall list or not. It has been said that he is a yes man as far as doing what he's told. If that's true that's not the way to get ahead unless that's what the democrats do to show their loyalty to their party ?

Riley is on the list for recall. Birdick nd Prozansi ?......................huuuumm.

Burdick is by far the worst of them all. Even Prozanski thinks she has a one track mind.

He is not that much better, though. Although he is a crime victim himself, since his sister was brutally murdered many years ago.

For him, fighting crime thus has a very personal aspect. But I honestly think that it has clouded his reasoning and judgement when it comes to gun control.

It's not fighting crime Lance, Prozanski thinks it was the gun that killed his sister not the fool that pulled the trigger.
I have e-mailed him for years on his gun control bills and it always falls back to his sister.

Has anybody seen these signs yet?

image.jpg

Seeing them in my AO, and there is talk of them further North in Junction City. The Obverse Side says the same for Val Hoyle (spelling ?)
Co-Author....

The website is good stuff!

philipism for the day: "Violators should be Prosecuted, or Persecuted.... Whichever works for you.... :D

action is happening and the devil is in the details
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/ProposedAmendments/SB941

One of the proposed amendments is to exempt CHL holders from the background check. So, that is something. The ants are having an effect. keep it up.
Not sure, but I believe that if an amendment is rejected by a committee, it needs to be sponsored and re-introduced by someone in the other house when it gets over there. That's why we're seeing amendments introduced by Representatives today. With the Senate vote assumed to be Monday, the House is tentatively scheduled to have a work session on Tuesday where there will be a reading and amendments proposed.

It's not fighting crime Lance, Prozanski thinks it was the gun that killed his sister not the fool that pulled the trigger.
I have e-mailed him for years on his gun control bills and it always falls back to his sister.

Oh, I fully realize that. It just is with Prozanski, I can better understand his bias, because of that.

Burdick just seems to have a super intense hatred of guns. Where it comes from, God only knows.

Every time there is any sort of shooting incident in the news, she is immediately spouting off to the news media about the need for more gun control. It is definitely an obsession with her.

140614-Burdick-2.jpg

New alert today - make sure you send the auto mailer to everyone on both sides of the aisle.
View attachment 227772

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

The Prozanski/Hoyle gun grab will soon be voted on in the Oregon Senate. Until the gavel falls, don't stop hammering them. If it should pass there, prepare to hammer the House.

In spite of all the duplicitous rhetoric from the anti-rights crowd about "reasonable and common sense" gun laws, they have proven themselves to be not only unreasonable, but out and out irrational.

When Senator Kim Thatcher proposed an alternative that would actually help keep guns out of the hands of criminals, without invading the privacy of legitimate gun owners, it was dismissed with no discussion. So much for "reasonable."

Representative Bill Post has also proposed an alternative that would protect law abiding gun owners. His bill, HB 3528 protects the privacy of the law abiding and even requires immediate records destruction after a transfer is approved, if a person conducts a voluntary background check. Let's see if the House Democrats who are looking for "reasonable" measures will even discuss this bill.

House Democrat Leader <broken link removed> , who has hidden her anti-gun agenda in the past, is a sponsor of this attack on your rights. If she does not insist that Post's bill be heard and passed, she will have proven just how dangerous a hypocrite she is.

We have updated our automailer to reflect the changing complexion of the battle. Please make use of it, and thanks for your tireless activism.

The Auto mailer doesn't work for some E-mail providers but don't let that stop you. I just copied and pasted
OFFs updated letter, added a few things and personalized it a bit then sent it to my Senator, Sen Lee Beyer first. I'll hit the others soon enough.

The state senator for Springfield is Lee Beyer, and I feel that he may well indeed be open to influence. He is my Senator as well, and he had a pretty strong challenge in the last election, much stronger than many thought he would have, for being such a long time incumbent.

So yes, I fully agree. Anyone in the Springfield district should definitely join us in calling Lee Beyer.

Some of the other Senators like Prozanski, Riley, and Burdick are lost causes. I would not waste my breath on them, they are far too rabid on the subject of gun control.

Has Lee Beyer ever returned your E-mails? Not that that should stop anyone from contacting him, it might mean he's sticking his finger in the wind to see what direction this thing is blowing.
Just wondering if he's just not answering me personally because of the volume or tone of my letters.
Anyway EVERYBODY, keep up the pressure and keep sending new E-mails with every new counter proposal to this and other new anti-gun Bills. And get your friends family and coworkers to do the same!

I wrote to my sheriff again recently, asking him to make a vocal opposition to SB 941, going so far as to ask that he, like Grant Co., would not enforce such a law. I got a response back, which I greatly appreciate, though I'm disappointed it wasn't more intense in opposition to SB 941. He deferred to the Oregon State Sheriff's association's letter of 4/1 to the judiciary committee. I think his response is a cautious one, though I'm still hoping he'll stand up individually as some others have. Here is his response:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me regarding the proposed gun legislation.

I understand that you feel strongly about the issue. The Oregon State Sheriff's Association, to which I am a member, has issued a statement identifying concerns with SB 941. I have attached that statement and support those concerns. Additionally, the Board of Clackamas County Commissioners issued a position statement on March 31, 2015, which I concur with and join in their support of the opposition of SB 941. We are fortunate to have their leadership on this issue. I want to let you know that I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Oregon and I support all of the rights and freedoms that it guarantees.

As a strong supporter of gun safety, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and the Public Safety Training Center offer a variety of classes and clinics focusing on firearms training. Please visit our website at www.clackamas.us/sheriff/clinics.html for a full list of classes, or feel free to call 503-794-8065.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Craig Roberts

Sheriff

He is a very good Sheriff. Also does one hell of a job with the SAR teams up on the mountain also :)

No one said Chris Edwards in on the recall list or not. It has been said that he is a yes man as far as doing what he's told. If that's true that's not the way to get ahead unless that's what the democrats do to show their loyalty to their party ?

There are several ways to hammer him.

::

Chris Edwards, State Senator

Holly Fifield, Policy Advisor

Tiffany Telfer, Communications Director

Hannah Schwarz, Legislative Aide

The office of Senator Chris Edwards

District 7 [Eugene, Junction City]

900 Court Street NE S-411 Salem, OR 97301

(503) 986-1707

<broken link removed>

Facebook : : Twitter : : YouTube : : Google+