JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two semi-auto pistols. A Ruger MK II (.22lr) and a Beretta 92F (9mm). They both have factory iron sights. The Ruger has plain metal sights with no paint or markings, a blade up front and a notch at the rear. With this pistol I can consistently shoot groups 3" or so at 15-20 yds, using both hands, unsupported.
The Beretta has a blade up front with a white dot, and and a notch at the back with a white dot centered below the notch. With this pistol I can keep all shots on a paper plate at 15-20yds...

It's easy to keep the tops of the notch and blade even (level) on the .22, but on the 9mm it's difficult to keep them aligned... it requires tremendous concentration to avoid shooting high or low. Even with that, though, there's considerable variance left to right.
For perspective, I've put about 500 rds through the .22, and only 150 or so through the 9mm.
Maybe I just haven't shot it enough to get a good picture in my mind, or a repeatable consistent trigger pull... but I think maybe changing the rear sight would help.

Any input?

I have had 2 92FS and one M9 model and they have all proven to be very accurate. Examine the pistol for tolerances and inspect the muzzle for damage. If the bar and dot sight system is throwing you off you might blacken both sights and see if that improves your sight picture.

thanks JordanV.

I quit being cheap and took a couple boxes of ammo out back, and got plenty close, like 15 or 20 feet away. I shot a nice, small group, and then backed out 5 yards. I did that several times, and kept my groups small, between 3"-6". I think once I get the hang of it, it will prove to be very accurate, but I obviously need to refine my technique... considerably. I may try darkening the dots, that's a good suggestion.

92's or M9's are excellent pistols, as is the vektor sp1 that shares many parts. You'll get the hang of it in no time, They are a very nice shootin gun - parts and mags are super available and very cheap as well!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top