JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
8mm
City
irmo
State
Other
Zip Code
We call guns like this Yugo 8mm M76 a DMR or designated marksman rifle but in practice during the Balkans wars they were really put into use as full fledged sniper rifles. They were used quite a bit by regular troops but they were also used by affiliated Partisans who were maybe less discriminating than the already not terribly discriminate forces of the Former Yugoslav republics in their targeting. Interesting guns. Anyway, I have a couple and to be honest one is enough for me. Looking for a trade for something I dont have.

This particular example is an 8mm Mauser M76 built on a late Patterson/Wiselite receiver and has the correct orientation of lightening cuts . There are two M76 receivers worth using IMHO and this is one of them. They both have their own significant features. The other good receiver being the Tortort but it has a major drawback that the Patterson/Wiselite does not. Anyway this is one of the good ones built by me using a numbers matching M76 kit and a new chrome lined Green Mountain barrel and 4 -10 round magazines and the pictured PO 6X36 Russian side mount scope. I have run around 200 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessy. I'll include a set of 8mm dies and some brass and 175 grain bullets . These are often referred to as bucket list guns. They are pretty cool and 800m shots are doable.

The value of this gun is going to be $2500 ish or better for trade valuation. Possible trade guns would include major caliber rifles. 308 semiautos like M14 semi's , potentially FAL's stuff like that. Maybe a really god AR-10. Not interested in garden variety AR's though.

8mm2.jpg

FWIW I was trying to get an idea of value. Came across this. Not mine and I think this guy is a lunatic but heres something to look at just for discussion sake. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/956976052

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
We call guns like this Yugo 8mm M76 a DMR or designated marksman rifle but in practice during the Balkans wars they were really put into use as full fledged sniper rifles. They were used quite a bit by regular troops but they were also used by affiliated Partisans who were maybe less discriminating than the already not terribly discriminate forces of the Former Yugoslav republics in their targeting. Interesting guns. Anyway, I have a couple and to be honest one is enough for me. Looking for a trade for something I dont have.

This particular example is an 8mm Mauser M76 built on a late Patterson/Wiselite receiver and has the correct orientation of lightening cuts . There are two M76 receivers worth using IMHO and this is one of them. They both have their own significant features. The other good receiver being the Tortort but it has a major drawback that the Patterson/Wiselite does not. Anyway this is one of the good ones built by me using a numbers matching M76 kit and a new chrome lined Green Mountain barrel and 4 -10 round magazines and the pictured PO 6X36 Russian side mount scope. I have run around 200 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessy. I'll include a set of 8mm dies and some brass and 175 grain bullets . These are often referred to as bucket list guns. They are pretty cool and 800m shots are doable.

The value of this gun is going to be $2500 ish or better for trade valuation. Possible trade guns would include major caliber rifles. 308 semiautos like M14 semi's , potentially FAL's stuff like that. Maybe a really god AR-10. Not interested in garden variety AR's though.

View attachment 1339250

FWIW I was trying to get an idea of value. Came across this. Not mine and I think this guy is a lunatic but heres something to look at just for discussion sake. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/956976052
This has to be the best deal on the site, In my own opinion ofcourse.

Glws.

This has to be the best deal on the site, In my own opinion ofcourse.

Glws.
I'll take this down. Kind of a niche gun. It was either my other one in 30.06 go or that one. it was a hard call but the 8mm is on to another home. I actually traded it the other day for a pimped out Galil 308.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.