JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Matrix has a limited run 220 80% kit. Limited because they have a hard time sourcing parts kits

220 80% Frame- Anodized

220-ano.jpg

Looks like a mag release assembled and a mainspring slider/lock...
Correct me if'in I'm wrong.
You're also missing an art kit... lol

Are these just for fun or what?
Can I make say, a 229 this way?

I'm interested, but just about the creation process.
Seems to me that a lot of work goes into making one of these. Too bad I'm not retired.

Waking up a old zombie thread.

matrix has a few p220 lower parts kits. P220 part kits are impossible to find since Sig decided it did not want to make any more metal parts. If you wanted to build a p220 you had to source individual parts on ebay and other places. But he has 3 kits from his spare parts available.

You still cant find complete slides but at least this makes it a bit easier.

Ha Ha ...I did not want to high jack other thread. Thanks for helping members ease into 80% with your experiences/ leads on deals/new stuff.
NOW WE GET TO HAWAII BETTER.
KUDOS

I've got a p229 kit inbound in part because of your threads. Thinking seriously about doing a 10/22 as well...

and might just have to do a 22/45 0% and a 1911...

I've already done a glock, AR, and P320, mostly to really understand how the things work inside.

Last Edited:
I've seen some videos, and the work done seems a bit beyond my abilities. Shaving the rails just seems too difficult. I'd love to be proven wrong tho!

I've seen some videos, and the work done seems a bit beyond my abilities. Shaving the rails just seems too difficult. I'd love to be proven wrong tho!

Super easy. you bolt the frame to the "car" that holds the frame in the rail jig. You turn the rail cutter knobs until they are just touching the frame. Then run a pass using the handle to turn the main bolt (or hook it up to a drill so it is faster). Back the cutters off a 1/4 turn, turn the main bolt the other way to reset the frame to start another pass. Turn the cutter knobs 1/2 turn in and run another pass. You repeat passes until you cut the rails deep enough so that they slides fits on or the correct measurement by a caliper. Takes about 20 minutes.

Then drill a few holes using another jig and you are done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top